PDA

View Full Version : Plane crash near Jackson, Qld

Desert Flower
14th Mar 2013, 04:48
From the ABC News yesterday:

Police continue probe into outback light plane crash

Police have arrived in south-west Queensland to investigate the cause of a light plane crash west of Thargomindah.

A man was mustering stock on Kihee Station yesterday morning when the plane crashed near the Jackson oilfields.

He suffered serious injuries and was flown to Adelaide for treatment.

Inspector Mick Dowie says the forensic crash unit will investigate.

"Our police were at Ballera and spoke with people in the mustering party in the ground crew yesterday," he said.

"I have police scientific officers and a forensic crash investigator that will be on scene there this morning.

"We'll do whatever investigation we can and then consult with the other agencies in relation to the crash."

Inspector Dowie says Santos workers helped with the emergency.

"The Moomba gas fields received an emergency call," he said.

"They responded by providing a paramedic and a helicopter to get to the scene and medevaced him back to Ballera.

"The Royal Flying Doctor was able to fly into Ballera and pick him up - he's been flown down to Adelaide where he is being treated for some serious injuries."

Does anyone know any more about this? I heard on the news last night that the pilot had succumbed to his injuries. :(

DF.

BEACH KING
14th Mar 2013, 06:59
PM me if you want to know anything specific DF

Desert Flower
14th Mar 2013, 09:55
Thanks for the offer Beachie, but I doubt if I would know any of the pilots up that way now. I just thought it was odd that no-one had said anything about it.

DF.