PDA

View Full Version : VFR Helicopter Trip Switzerland-Germany-Denmark-Sweden

Afolt
13th Mar 2013, 11:35
We are planning a VFR helicopter trip from Switzerland to south Sweden this summer. Can anyone recommend nice helipads or small airfields with accommodation within walking distance of the landing site in Germany, Denmark or Sweden?

We are also happy to put up our own tent if we get to use a shower and bathroom in a clubhouse. Of course we would also stay at a B&B or hotel if they accept helicopters to land there.

In Switzerland we are allowed to land off airfields as long as we have the property owners permission. I am aware that Germany does not have such a liberal legislation for private pilots. Can anyone in Denmark or Sweden let me know how this is usually handled there?

Thanks in advance.

Sam Rutherford
13th Mar 2013, 17:59
We're running a helicopter-only; hunting, shooting and fishing trip to Sweden at the begining of June - send me an email!

Cheers, Sam.

EDMJ
14th Mar 2013, 09:01
In Switzerland we are allowed to land off airfields as long as we have the property owners permission. ... Can anyone in Denmark ... let me know how this is usually handled there?To the best of my knowledge (I'm Danish), the same rules apply in Denmark as well.

This restaurant (and hotel) is one of the best in Denmark and I believe they have their own helicopter landing pad: Falsled Kro (http://www.falsledkro.dk)

Larscho
14th Mar 2013, 16:14
The sames rules should apply in Sweden as well. Get the permission from the land owner and it is done.

I can only recommend airfields but since you have the option to go where you want I guess you can just check out nice accomodation on internet and then see if they can let you land there.

I am not really sure how much south you mean with southern Sweden but there are plenty of airfields to visit.
Söderslätt/ESTT - Eslöv/ESME - Höganäs - The island of Öland has some strips and nice scenery - Visingsö and many more.
Most of the airfields are nice enough to put up a tent as well.
I can really recommend Stegeborg airfield close to Norrköping/ESSP, they have a very nice restaurant and a beautiful archipelago just a couple of miles east.
Another nice airfield is Varberg/ESGV, close to town which is known for its spa treatments and a lot of other stuff.

Good luck and welcome! :)

EDMJ
14th Mar 2013, 16:23
Another tip for Denmark (with an airfield): vejrø (http://www.vejroe.dk/en/vejroe/)

The small (and I mean the really small ones) islands in Southern Denmark would definitely be worth a visit!

If your helicopter has sufficient range you might consider skipping Germany completely :E

AdamFrisch
14th Mar 2013, 22:48
It's so many years ago I flew in my old home country so the only reasonably current info I have is about Stockholm. The Stockholm politicians are perhaps the worst when it comes to GA and back when I learned to fly there was Tullinge, Barkarby, Bromma etc. They're all gone now, shut down by clueless politicians. This leaves Stockholm just about the only capital in the world that doesn't have a GA airfield. Yes, you can still land at Bromma, but they'll charge you handling as if you were at London City. The only 'free' airfield in Stockholm is Skå/Edeby out in Ekerö. It's a beautiful grass field, but the communications into town are not great. You'll have to do a few buses and then jump on the T-bana (underground), unless you cab it.

Afolt
15th Mar 2013, 08:36
Thank you for the numerous hints and tips. I will certainly check out all these options and either try some on the way up or down.

:ok:

muermel
14th Jun 2017, 09:57
Looking for some input: Doing a sightseeing tour with 2 helicopters through parts of Denmark and southern Sweden next weeks, still looking for a hotel in the Kopenhagen area with a landing site for 2 helicopters (EC 120 X AS 350) for an overnight stop. Same for the Göteborg area. Also I'm looking for a possibility for a lunch stop on the Eastern Coast (Öland, Norrköping or further inland) on the flight from Kopenhagen to Stockholm.

Any info or recommendations are greatly appreciated

Sam Rutherford
15th Jun 2017, 05:30
Hi Muermel,

Send me an email? (not a PM please!)

Cheers, Sam.