PDA

View Full Version : Carriage of ERSA

JSeward
12th Mar 2013, 23:16
Hello,

Been combing over the regs recently looking for an answer as to whether or not you have to carry the ERSA as a whole or just the ERSA applicable to the route being flown (printing the pages of possible alternates and destination airports).

Anyone have any clue? I can't tell.

Thanks

peterc005
13th Mar 2013, 00:28
All of the FAC ERSA entries are on the Air Services web site, with each entry having a separate PDF file.

I just download and print the entries required.

Also, flight planning software such as Command Flight Planner can print similar entries.

iPhone apps like OzRunways are great because sometimes you need to look up details while enroute.

Bevan666
13th Mar 2013, 00:41
Personally I do not have a subscription to ERSA and DAP, just print (at the touch of one button) what I need for the route to be flown and any alternates in my flight plan.

I keep the paper printouts within reach in the aircraft (don't leave them in the baggage locker!).

Bevan..

airwolf117
13th Mar 2013, 07:47
I just buy it and carry it. That way you never lose a sheet and its always in the aircraft!

Ret Sabala
14th Mar 2013, 11:09
No you don't have to carry the ERSA. You only have to carry documentation that allows you to SAFELY conduct your flight.
Rule of thumb 1) use common sense and 99% of the time you wil be OK
Rule number 2) establish a good relationship with you training organisation and stay in touch after you get your licence, ask them questions, not pprune.
Rule number. 3) buy a set of reg's
Rule number 4) well I forgot what rule 4 was but it must have been important.
Rule number. 5) don't drink and crap on on pprune.

Capn Bloggs
14th Mar 2013, 13:31
Be nice if AsA published a full PDF version of it...