PDA

View Full Version : standby alt settig a320

qwsa
9th Mar 2013, 16:51
Hi there!
Could not realy find in docs who should do QNH/STD settings on standby altimeter when passing TL/TA.PF or PNF????
My SOP says nothing about that...
thanks for help!

jtr
9th Mar 2013, 17:25
Been a while since I flicked through the FCOM in depth but don't think it is actually laid out. By "convention" in the 4 companies I worked for it is the captain who normally sets it.

SA242
9th Mar 2013, 17:33
Whoever actually remembers first.....

WhyByFlier
9th Mar 2013, 17:52
In easyJet it is the PF that sets it above MSA. Not many captains appear to know that though. In descent it is set back to destination QNH by PF by FL200.

From easy OMB:

When cleared to a Flight Level PF will order PFD altimeters to be set to Standard. PNF will set STANDARD and crosscheck both PFD's. The PF will set the ISIS altimeter to Standard when above the relevant MSA. This action may be delegated to the PNF. Care must be exercised to meet altitude constraints before pulling standard especially in low pressure conditions.

nitpicker330
9th Mar 2013, 22:53
Depends on how long the FO's left arm is!!

In my outfit the Captain does it all the time as he's closer..

Anyway, who cares?:sad:

CEJM
9th Mar 2013, 23:34
In my lot the PF sets it when passing FL100 or MSA whichever is higher during climb and passing FL180 during descent.

bond2002
10th Mar 2013, 04:48
Just put it the mint you get your destination ATIS prior to your decent get over with it.

bond2002
10th Mar 2013, 04:49
And passing Transition altitude in climb.

Slasher
10th Mar 2013, 05:25
In my mob (for some obscure reason which nobody will explain) the PF will set
the stby alt during climb and descent. On a line or sim check this point of SOP
is of course followed.

On an everyday line flight the captain usually sets it because its closer to him
and more practical than the FO having to do a bum's intrusive boarding-house
reach to get at it.

Slightly off topic but the PNF does the lights too - ever wonder why Bill Boeing
and even that Tooloose mob position the light switches overhead the captain?

DutchOne
11th Mar 2013, 06:34
Slightly off topic but the PNF does the lights too - ever wonder why Bill Boeing and even that Tooloose mob position the light switches overhead the captain?

A bit farfetched. The OVHD is easily accessible to both pilots. If there is a reason at all it will be for the captain having to reach out more to
de/select the seat belt signs :suspect:. Haha