PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Brush Up

agnewdarren
9th Mar 2013, 16:16
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the brush up classes for ATPL. As far I can see schools tend to differ from their approach to brush up for distance learning. I understand that you must complete at least 10% of your studies in a classroom with your chosen school.

However, if I were to select 'CATS' for example, then over the period for brush up and exams I will require 6 weeks, unfortunatly I don't have that many holidays to use.

I'm therefor trying to find out if anyone knows any schools that are flexible in the brush up's (eg.weekends) or if I select a school, can I do my brush-up somewhere else with someone thats registered as an ATPL tutor?

As always you help would be appreciated!

Thanks Again
(maybe I'll be in the position to OFFER advice one day)

BRS_flyer
9th Mar 2013, 21:05
ProPilot does offer Brush ups on the weekend I think

ATPL(A) Distance Learning Course » ProPilot - EASA ATPL Ground School (http://www.propilot.eu/course/distance-learning)

paco
10th Mar 2013, 07:00
"can I do my brush-up somewhere else with someone thats registered as an ATPL tutor?"

Only if that tutor is on the books of your school as an instructor, and in their approved classrooms.

6 weeks sounds a lot - are you sure you have that right?

mad_jock
10th Mar 2013, 09:11
I presume he is meaning 2 times two week blocks. And two times one week for to sittings of exams.

matty31
12th Mar 2013, 12:04
CATS brush-ups are 3x1 week this is the week before the exams so you will only need to take the days off for exams you are sitting, so it's not quite 6 weeks, Bristol I believe has 2x2 week brush-ups with exams the following week but with multiple exams on all days not sure about the others. As you pointed out the 10% is mandatory and Instructors must be part of the school and teaching should be carried out at the approved location. You will find a lot of people in the same position as yourself trying to balance the need to earn money with the need to get on with training unfortunately something nearly always has to give.