PDA

View Full Version : Atpl Online - vs - BGS Online

mark_c
8th Mar 2013, 15:34
Hi guys, revising for upcoming exams and I'm using BGS online. Would anyone recommend subscribing to ATPL online as well? Or are the questions pretty much the same? I hear ATPL online have more questions and are more up to date. Can anyone confirm? Thanks :ok:

Grumbler
8th Mar 2013, 19:42
I have heard a lot of rumours about BGS is putting the helicopter ATPL database together with the Aeroplane ATPL database and that why you will waste some time on question you never gonna see in the real exam, don't know if this is true?

I know alot of people using atplonline and all of them are pretty satisfied with the database which is probably the most up-to-date database, but aviationexam is also pretty nice as well

best of luck

P40Warhawk
9th Mar 2013, 11:11
Is use both of them now for preparing for my exams.

That with helicopter is not very common anymore. So dont worry. The good thing is in BGS that you can choose to do a certain amount of questions of an certain topic. Whereas atplonline if you want to practice per topic you have to do all the questions of that topic in once. Id rather practice in a topic with about 50 questions, because doing for example 300 questions in once you will loose your focus. It takes to long. So thats a big difference.

Atplonline has indeed more questions. So after doing per topic in BGS I continue in atplonline. And till now it helped me a lot. First 10 exams first time Pass Rate.

Though explanations is in both not great. Sometimes it is nice to know why some question has a particular answer instead of stupid clicking and remembering. So cost time again to search in the book why some answer is the correct one.
In that way aviationexam is more extensive. More explanations and even more questions.

Anyway. Good luck with preparing. Maybe see ya later in the cockpit :D .

Pom pom
17th Mar 2013, 08:47
I've just signed up to BGS Online, 30 day subscription. Received email confirming payment, and set to try some mock exams - but the questions won't load!!!! This does not inspire confidence, and it looks like my specially set-aside day to hit the QB is going to be wasted. Also, the window listing subjects cannot be scrolled (the whole window doesn't show on my netbook screen) so I have to change scale. A right PITA.

Anyone got any ideas why it's not loading the questions (or how to get a refund)?

Pom pom
17th Mar 2013, 09:32
Problem solved :D It needs Google Chrome not IE I was using.

Back to the questions!