PDA

View Full Version : Bell 206 Type in texas

chejar
8th Mar 2013, 12:26
Hi guys,

I´m going to Texas to take a CFI course with Jerry Trimble Helicopters, and since i´m going there I was thinking in obtaining the Bell 206 Type, does anyone know a good and cheap place to get it?

Thanks

vaqueroaero
8th Mar 2013, 12:37
There is no such thing as a 206 type rating in the US, so you won't find one.
Also good and cheap don't go in the same sentence, however these guys run a good operation: Longhorn Helicopters, Inc. (http://www.longhornhelicopters.com)

Of course as you are already in Texas you could go to Bell's Training Academy in Fort Worth. Good, but definitely not cheap!

chejar
8th Mar 2013, 12:48
Thanks for the info, Vaqueroaero ;)
I will look in to it.
Cheers

Captino
8th Mar 2013, 12:51
Well at least @ Bell you´ll get a rating, that can be put on your JAR /EASA License. I doubt that Longhorn can provide that?!

Good luck and have fun!

Cap.

vaqueroaero
8th Mar 2013, 14:43
Actually you won't get a type rating from Bell, because a) Bell doesn't offer type ratings in the 206, it's not a TRTO and (b) as I already said there are no type ratings in the US in aircraft under 12500 pounds.

However what you will get from Bell is a certificate stating that you attended their course, which may or may not help out with insurance or future employment. Upon return to Europe or wherever you will then have to get a type rating from a qualified examiner.