PDA

View Full Version : Nice areas to live with good access to LHR T1?

The_green_penguin
6th Mar 2013, 13:58
Hi there,

I'm just after a bit of advice, please - I will soon be relocating for a new job at Heathrow T1...

Please could anyone give me some advice on some reasonably nice areas to live with good access to T1? I have been looking west of the airport along the M4 in places like Windsor, but they seem to be very expensive... I looked at places like Virginia Water in Surrey, but I hear the journey may be a bit of a headache on the M25 at rush hour.. :o(

I drive and have access to a staff car park, so it doesn't necessarily need good train links etc.

Many thanks for any advice/suggestions people can provide.

Muppet99
6th Mar 2013, 14:04
staines is reasonable, cheaper than windsor and not too much riff raff!

Capetonian
6th Mar 2013, 14:07
Depending on your budget and tastes :

Walton on Thames, Sunbury, Esher, Hersham, Shepperton, Ashford, Feltham (probably not!), Hampton Court, Weybridge, Addlestone are all in easy range and there are lots of routes to the airport avoiding the M25.

cjhants
7th Mar 2013, 06:59
Again, depending on budget, and if you are renting or buying - to the north of the M4 - Iver, Denham, Gerrards Cross, and the several villages to the north of Slough. There are some good areas (and bad!) in Langley, West Drayton, Colnbrook etc.

JB007
9th Mar 2013, 11:30
Guildford is ok if you don't mind the M25!

chevvron
2nd Apr 2013, 14:18
Egham or Chertsey are both cheap when compared with other parts of Surrey, but be careful with Chertsey as it's on the floodplain and I've seen some parts flooded when the river is high. If your staff car park is northside, you shouldn't need to use the M25 in your commute.