PDA

View Full Version : MEL Blackhawks low-level

MyNameIsIs
6th Mar 2013, 09:23
What's with the two Blackhawks over Melbourne tonight low level with next to no lighting on them? Somewhat annoying when they go over at probably 2-300ft (yes, that's a guess. Regardless they are :mad: low!) as I'm trying to watch TV!

One may have had the beacon going as I think I saw one red flash, wasnt sure. Hear them, but don't quite get to see them.
They've been going since late afternoon.
Wish I had a bright torch :}

Sometimes punctuated by the sounds of a piston lightie at a couple thousand slowly plodding along..... Those were the days!

VH-XXX
6th Mar 2013, 09:31
You must have been asleep for the past couple of weeks. It's been all over the news as it is every 2 years when Avalon is on.

Black Hawks to train over Melbourne (http://www.theage.com.au/national/black-hawks-to-train-over-melbourne-20090313-8xij.html)

3AW on board Blackhawk Helicopter over Melbourne (http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/breaking-news-blog/3aw-on-board-blackhawk-helicopter-over-melbourne/20130301-2fbjk.html)

MyNameIsIs
6th Mar 2013, 09:33
Pretty much XXX. Apologies that I havn't taken an interest in the news surrounding a sub-standard airshow whilst I've been away working!

But thank you for providing an answer.

Pretty touchy there upthere... tongue in cheek doesn't come out well in text!
Let's put their training to use and how about we go buzz around in something low-level without lights and have equal parts of fun ey! Whack on some NVGs if you like, but it's a nice night right now and probably not needed.

Deaf
6th Mar 2013, 09:40
Seemed to be all over for a few hours.

At $20k? ph for 2, I guess the next few days will use the annual training budget in visible formation training to give the peasants the idea that swan hasn't p*****d the money away.

500N
6th Mar 2013, 11:04
MyName

And another week or two to go.

Deaf
I think their might be more than two in the cabs.
It's not just flying.

MyNameIsIs
6th Mar 2013, 21:30
Another week?

Sweet. Hopefully catch them doing something awesome and get some piccies. St Kilda beach landing maybe??? Roping down onto an MCG light tower or city building maybe??? 50ft run up the Yarra and going under the Bolte & Westgate maybe???

500N
6th Mar 2013, 22:21
I haven't managed to see them yet - or hear them !

Might pop down to Willy and see when they will be there
as that is nice and close.

Wish Laverton was still an operating base, during the
run up to the Olympics and during the Comm games
it was awesome.