PDA

View Full Version : Embraer Aircraft.

A300BOY
6th Mar 2013, 09:17
Does anyone know the reason why just about all Embraer types have no ADSB ?
and are they likely to be modified any time soon. Also are any of the E170-190 series Cat 2 or Cat 3 capable ?

Denti
6th Mar 2013, 11:05
As far as i know the E-Jets (170 - 195) are CII capable as standard equipment and CAT IIIa with either/and dual HUD or autoland capability, according FAA CAT IIIb is possible if both autoland and dual HUD are installed.

About the ADS-B, no idea, however as it becomes more and more mandatory it has to be retrofitted and a solution will be found, might just cost quite a bit of money.

DaveReidUK
6th Mar 2013, 11:05
Many, if not most, recently-delivered E-Jets have come out of the factory with ADS-B fitted, and some operators have had earlier aircraft retrofitted, for example Lufthansa.

A300BOY
6th Mar 2013, 12:09
Thanks for the information it just seemed odd a brand new or nearly new aircraft type is so out of date in this respect.

Check Airman
7th Mar 2013, 00:13
They were out of date even as initial designs. :mad: airplanes

DaveReidUK
7th Mar 2013, 11:12
That's probably why they have only managed to sell a thousand or so of them.

tomahawk_pa38
7th Mar 2013, 11:33
Excuse my ignorance but is this why you hardly ever see one on Flightradar24 ?

FE Hoppy
7th Mar 2013, 15:39
They all come Cat II. 3A HUD is an option. III A or B autoland is an option. Steep Approach is an option. ADSB is either factory fitted on new jets or retro fitted at airline request on jets in service.

As DR alludes over a 1000 Ejets sold across the globe so they are doing something right. Next iteration will have geared fans and new FBW along with other upgrades.

PA38 - You're not looking very hard. Try LCY for a start.

DaveReidUK
7th Mar 2013, 16:59
PA38 - You're not looking very hard. Try LCY for a start.Yes, you should see DLH and VLE E190s going in and out of LCY, though not the CFE Embraers as they don't (yet) have ADS-B.

Another option would be to look at Heathrow on FlightRadar24, where as well as the odd DLH and LZB, you should be able to see Embraers with ADS-B operating most of LOT's flights.

Fokker F28mk0100
7th Mar 2013, 18:29
You won't see them much at Schiphol, since KLC's Embraers aren't equipped with ADS-B. It's not the only strange thing about these aircraft. It all looks nice, but systemwise..

FE Hoppy
8th Mar 2013, 10:23
Systemwise........?

Oh please go on "Fokker".

Piltdown Man
8th Mar 2013, 20:08
Oh please go on "Fokker".

Give me a Fokker any day. Three buttons, three knobs and a VS wheel. Fully manual to fully automatic in steps you can understand. Elegant! Like taking an elegant lady out for afternoon tea.

Embraer - 31 buttons, ten knobs with a two second pause before anything happens. If you have set everything up correctly, it may work or there again it may not. If it doesn't like you, it will refuse to play. It flys random speeds and often generates strange messages. Like mud wrestling with a drunk robotic octopus.

Want me to go on?

FE Hoppy
8th Mar 2013, 20:40
Why not be a little more specific?

Capn Bloggs
8th Mar 2013, 22:19
It's not the only strange thing about these aircraft. It all looks nice, but systemwise..
I heard it doesn't have Cost Index in the box...

Piltdown Man
8th Mar 2013, 22:31
It doesn't. Nor a blue banana. Not even a wobbly track. But to be fair, it does a pretty nifty GPS and non-precision approaches.

flyboyike
10th Mar 2013, 16:56
Why do you need a banana bar when you have a vertical profile box?

FE Hoppy
11th Mar 2013, 09:39
Cost index is available through software or AOM tables but as its calculated on the OFP why do you need it in the non certified FMS? Just insert the OFP climb cruise and descent speeds correctly and you have cost index ;)

"Blue bananas" sound like unripened technology to me. What's wrong with FPA and vertical profiles? Perfect for continuous descent planning and easily achieved with one push and the turn of a knob!

Better still why not use vnav? Along with lnav and auto tuning you only need to remember to press APP at an appropriate time and all the other work is done for you. ( including using free speed to control the vertical profile rather that "random speed" as an earlier poster described it)

Capn Bloggs
11th Mar 2013, 10:15
Oh FE Hoppy you have so much to learn... ;)

FE Hoppy
11th Mar 2013, 14:40
And so little time :{

C series next, hope its got cost index :ok: