PDA

View Full Version : FLAIRJET

ATCO Fred
5th Mar 2013, 08:37
The answer to the Q in the recently 'vanished' Flairjet thread . . . . .

Emerald Media - News - Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group acquires Oxford based FlairJet (http://www.emeraldmedia.co.uk/news-item/marshall-aerospace-and-defence-group-acquires-oxford-based-flairjet/978/)

tommoutrie
5th Mar 2013, 22:15
Dear Mods

Why did the original thread vanish?

Tom

Booglebox
6th Mar 2013, 10:49
What Tom said. :sad:

x933
6th Mar 2013, 22:02
What's an AOC with one aircraft worth these days?

No RYR for me
8th Mar 2013, 07:16
Haha my thoughts too! And wasn't that one aircraft for sale too?

Phil Brockwell
8th Mar 2013, 08:07
I don't think they bought an AOC, I think they bought a business with an aircraft, an approved infrastructure, a customer and supplier base and skillsets that they decided would be symbiotic to their existing businesses.

An AOC is effectively worthless without the business that it approves.

However, if anyone does want to buy an AOC, you can buy the piece of paper pinned to my wall for a few grand, I'll simply ask the CAA for a copy!

PB

silverknapper
8th Mar 2013, 08:55
Marshals has an AOC already.

No RYR for me
8th Mar 2013, 11:19
So in effect they have taken over the liability to pay extra staff their salary :8

silverknapper
8th Mar 2013, 13:48
I did think that when I first heard about it a while back. However Marshalls are no fools so I'm sure they have a plan. I suspect this wont be their last acquisition.

Fried_Chicken
26th Jun 2017, 22:14
Surf Air Europe's first Phenom300 has arrived and is to be operated by Flairjet on their AOC, does anybody know how many aircraft Surf Air are due to operate? I would guess all aircraft will be operated on the Flairjet AOC?

FC

Son of a Beech
27th Jun 2017, 07:33
25 with an option for an other 25 Phenom. Altouht I also heard rumors that they wanna fly from the states to Cabo saint Lucas in Mexico, so question is how many Phenom will come in Europe. But they wanna expand to Germany, the Netherlands and Scandinavia as well, so we will see

As far as staying with FlairJet, I'm not sure as TAG Aviation on behalf of Surfair recruted a lot of pilots about 18 months ago, and FlairJet is also bought by Flexjet who will use it to start their European operations.

Having said this 18 months is a long time in aviation.

fairflyer
28th Jun 2017, 14:39
25 with an option for an other 25 Phenom. Altouht I also heard rumors that they wanna fly from the states to Cabo saint Lucas in Mexico, so question is how many Phenom will come in Europe. But they wanna expand to Germany, the Netherlands and Scandinavia as well, so we will see

As far as staying with FlairJet, I'm not sure as TAG Aviation on behalf of Surfair recruted a lot of pilots about 18 months ago, and FlairJet is also bought by Flexjet who will use it to start their European operations.

Having said this 18 months is a long time in aviation.

So, for Flairjet, read Flexjet who have their Nextant 400s now in UK and providing supplemental lift/back-up to the one Phenom 300 so far for Surfair Europe. Not really any conflict of interest in so much that Surfair are a scheduled operation with a single rotation to Ibiza Mondays, single rotation to Cannes Tuesdays, Thursday one rotation each to Cannes and Ibiza, Friday one to Ibiza and at weekends, one rotation each day to Ibiza. I guess the other proposed destinations are ad-hoc subject to demand and when the demand reaches a certain level, they convert into a scheduled run. Going to be a fascinating business model to watch and see how it evolves. Europe ain't the same as California! And a fixed monthly price for unlimited flights - that will keep a few Ibiza DJs very happy.

Son of a Beech
28th Jun 2017, 17:04
The conflict of interest comes when Surfair unfolds its full network over Europe. This won't be just one aircraft but a network covering a lot of routes. The limitation now is that they can't get the Phenoms they need fast enough. The first ones they ordered are coming this fall when they will also start routes between Zurich, Geneva, Milan and Paris. Next is Germany, the Netherlands and Scandinavia. By this time they will most definitely have a conflict of interest with som customers that otherwise would fly with flex jet. Of course the pax that fly to more adhoc destinations can't use this model but customs with more regular destinations will most definitely be using this

CL300
28th Jun 2017, 19:09
notwithstanding that it is illegal to run a schedule service out/from Cannes

The Flying Stool
29th Jun 2017, 20:06
Maybe I'm missing the point with this Flairjet/ Surf Air operation but isnt the whole point of chartering an aircraft that you can go where you want, pretty much when you want and taking with you what you want? If you have to share an aircraft with strangers and only travel on a schedule with a limited baggage amount, you might as well save yourself a lot of money and travel with the great unwashed on a low cost carrier!

Son of a Beech
29th Jun 2017, 20:52
Maybe I'm missing the point with this Flairjet/ Surf Air operation but isnt the whole point of chartering an aircraft that you can go where you want, pretty much when you want and taking with you what you want? If you have to share an aircraft with strangers and only travel on a schedule with a limited baggage amount, you might as well save yourself a lot of money and travel with the great unwashed on a low cost carrier!

No. The whole point of surfair is that you avoid the crowd by using a private jet terminal, use the private lounge then fly in a shared private jet to your destination without standing in cue in a big airport. This all for a low monthly price depending on the route for approx 2500 GBP for unlimited flights. Maybe not for those that fly once a month but for those frequent commuters a bless.