PDA

View Full Version : Emirates OFFER , An Important question

zimzum
3rd Mar 2013, 08:36
Hi

i have a question about the exchange rate protection in emirates , they told me that 50 % of my salary is protected against my local currency fluctuation.

Is it a fixed cash amount that i will have anyway ?? Or it is taken only in case of adverse currency fluctuation

thanks

donpizmeov
3rd Mar 2013, 09:46
It is based on a 5 yr average of you currency. It can go up and down or stop. Some guys have never received it. For example mine was reduced by Aed 1000 in Feb. So don't factor it into your income.

The Don

Kamelchaser
3rd Mar 2013, 09:54
It is also limited to a maximum amount; can't remember what it is but it is nowhere near what the recruiters would have you believe it's worth simply by telling you "50% of your salary is protected".

For instance, my home currency has appreciated 80% against the USD since I started here. ERP currently adds about 4% to my salary. Better than many, (which of course often sparks a heated debate, and no doubt will again now), but nothing like what you probably expect.

So, concur with the above post. Don't even think about making a decision to come to EK based on the ERP.

Wizofoz
3rd Mar 2013, 17:22
I think he's asking if he can LOSE pay with ERP- and the answer is no.

Your base pay is your base pay and is in Dirhams. In the event of your home currency gaining value vs the USD (and thus the Dirham) , you will recieve a bit extra, but never less.