PDA

View Full Version : Navigation equipment

clinique_happy
28th Feb 2013, 15:45
I am a ppl h student about to start to learn navigation

Can anyone advise what equipment I need to purchase and where I can get this from cheapish? Online websites etc?

Thanks

Helinut
28th Feb 2013, 15:49
This is not being unfriendly, but best answered by your flying school/instructor...

RJC
28th Feb 2013, 17:44
As Helinut says, your school will give you a list. As for where, there are a number of websites, does the local flying club sell what you need? Often with small orders, when you add postage etc., the local club is as close as makes no different in the aviation world. Support them buy getting the stuff from them.

Some schools also have a discount code you can pop into a suppliers website, which works for some routine items, if they don't sell what you need.

thechopper
28th Feb 2013, 19:24
If you think about cheapish at this stage, stop right there and forget the whole thing. :ouch:

topendtorque
1st Mar 2013, 09:57
Malboro smokes packet, one way 30 nautical miles, other way 60 on a wac map, real cheap. Mickey mouse wrist watch so you easy see difference between big hand and his little hand, also cheap.
Hang a pair of pliers over the compass so you can't use it, get out there and learn something you won't forget, and worth heaps, priceless in fact.
Keep this for old jungle saying for your grandkids
Cheers tet