PDA

View Full Version : NAO CEA Online Survey - Due Today?

MaroonMan4
28th Feb 2013, 04:26
I am hearing rumours in our crewroom that there is an NAO survey required from parents and children with a deadline of today?

My kids have long gone, but for those away or unaware it may be worth exploring this further as it is my understanding that some (only some) of the Service Personnel found out about this online NAO survey by accident and only yesterday,resulting in less than 24 hours for them and/or their children to complete.

Anyone else aware or heard of this?

Whenurhappy
28th Feb 2013, 05:48
Not seen, not heard. Our JPA links are down at the moment but SDLO and the Spt Unit haven't sent us anything. Any more details?

MaroonMan4
28th Feb 2013, 18:06
This appears to be doing the rounds with some Service families, and yet others haven't seen or heard anything of this NAO survey:

Sent: 25 February 2013 08:33
Subject: EDUCATING CHILDREN OF SERVICE CHILDREN INQUIRY
Importance: High

Dear Colleague,

A number of members leading HMC boarding schools will be educating children of service personnel. They also know that the Continuity of Education Allowance budget at the MOD has been under some scrutiny. To this end the National Audit Office (NAO) has launched a survey of service personnel, with a closing date of 28 February, to assess the effectiveness of the education their children experience at boarding school.

BSA and SBSA have already submitted general responses but as the NAO is mainly seeking responses from service parents and pupils over the age of 16 colleagues may wish to encourage their service families to respond, hopefully in support of the educational provision these children receive. We may thereby be able to defend the funds put aside for this purpose and continue to welcome military families into our schools. The link to the consultation exercise, for forwarding to service families and to pupils, is Template (http://surveys.nao.org.uk/surveylogin.asp?k=135962301272)

Many thanks.

William Richardson
General Secretary

Whenurhappy
1st Mar 2013, 09:04
I did it last night (and thanks for the link) - and have to add it was a poorly structured survey - it asked very few questions about how CEA is used, ie, why parents made the very difficult financial and emotional decision to send their kids to St Trinian's; additionally there was very little concerning the problems of getting school places for children when families return from overseas and the additional difficulties for personnel who move between staff appointments, staff training and then an overseas appointment - or series of appointments in a very narrow timeframe (as in my case).

Jumping_Jack
1st Mar 2013, 14:34
:ugh: Didn't see anything of this survey.....not well communicated! (or was that the point)