PDA

View Full Version : P210 Training

Igloowhite
27th Feb 2013, 14:33
I know there are companies in the US which offer Cessna P210 conversion and currency training, but can anyone recommend a similar company (or school with an experienced P210 instructor) in the UK?

Many thanks

I.W.

Squeegee Longtail
28th Feb 2013, 21:10
Not by the look of it!

AdamFrisch
28th Feb 2013, 21:38
Regulatorily (is that a word?) - do you need it? I'm not advocating you should fly one without training, but perhaps you can get the necessary training from an owner. As long as you have the class rating you are legal to fly it - and therefore also legal to get "training" from someone who isn't an instructor.

172driver
1st Mar 2013, 04:40
Adam, I'm not quite sure what the current EASA situation is re this, but in FAAland he'd need the high-altitude endorsement for the 'P' 210 (and of course the high-power and complex for any 210 model).

AdamFrisch
1st Mar 2013, 13:15
But doesn't the high altitude endorsement only apply to aircraft that fly above 25000ft? I don't think a P210 can get that high.

DEED
1st Mar 2013, 16:15
Okay IW
What you need is Differences Training. As long as we are talking EASA.
Pop onto the CAA website and download a copy of CAP 804. Next you need to look at Section 4 Part H, Subpart 1 Page 7, 8 and 9.
Next step is to find an Instructor that can give you Differences Training for Variable Pitch Propellers, Retractable Undercarriage, Turbo/Supercharged Engine and last but not least Cabin Pressurisation and Oxygen Systems.
I,m sure a few of the largish schools near you should have somebody that can do that.
You will need to add your aircraft to the school fleet during the training.

Good luck
D