PDA

View Full Version : Old roster BEA

Desk-pilot
27th Feb 2013, 11:10
Hi there,

My Father is ex BEA/BA cabin crew and flew from 1964-1980 from Manchester on the Viscount/Vanguard/BAC 1-11 and Trident fleets. He then transferred to Longhaul B747 at LHR from 1980-1987.

Unfortunately he now has Alzheimers but I have followed in his footsteps and now fly for Flybe out of Southampton. One of the topics of conversation that often comes up between us is how work patterns/rosters etc have changed over the years but unfortunately his memories are hazy and he doesn't have any of his old rosters. I was just wondering if anyone who was BEA/BA shorthaul at Manchester still has any rosters they could share so we can chat about his work at the time. It would bring back some nice memories for him and also give me a fascinating insight into where and when he was flying as I was growing up.

I sometimes feel that in flying for Flybe to Palma, Manchester, Amsterdam, GLA, EDI, Malaga etc I'm actually working for the successor to BEA but it would be interesting to be able to make a definitive comparison!

Hoping somebody could help.

Thanks again,

Desk-pilot - feel free to PM me if that's easier

MARK9263
27th Feb 2013, 11:39
I have full BEA schedules for Manchester for all types from 1964-1980, including registrations for many of these...If this is of any use to you...

Mark

wayoutwest
28th Feb 2013, 07:34
hi mark.any chance that some of us that are interested could have a look. mike.:ok:

MARK9263
28th Feb 2013, 16:58
The problem is it's just a little fragmented.
Schedules 1964-1969 are from paper timetables.
1970-1980 are in PDF form.

And all registrations are available in CD form via my website Ringway Publications (http://www.ringwaypublications.com/)
which covers all Manchester movements for the 1970s, along with the 1980s & 1990s, most airline schedules are included in these CD's.