PDA

View Full Version : Airport Announcement Jingles

Businesstraveller
26th Feb 2013, 22:08
I've passed through Geneva a number of times now over a number of years. I wondered if anyone else has noticed how the announcement jingle at GVA sounds exactly the same as the first part of 'How much is that doggy in the window?'? So much so that I've found myself following the jingle by a mental rendition of '...ggy in the window?'. This wasn't a point lost on fellow British travellers. Indeed, last time I disembarked at GVA (last week), a friend said 'are you ready for a bit of 'how much is that doggy in the window?'?'.

Peter47
2nd Mar 2013, 15:53
Me too. You can tell which country you are in Europe from the railway platform jingles, and I dare say quite a few airports. Part of corporate identity?

SpringHeeledJack
14th Mar 2013, 15:49
I haven't been through there in a while, but used to love the announcement jingles at Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG), a sort of swirling electronic piano in two stages, very 1970's, which it probably was originally. Also in Germany, that bell tone used before announcements (and the evening news) evokes memories when heard during films etc.

SHJ