PDA

View Full Version : LFA (Battersea) wheres it gone

timprice
26th Feb 2013, 16:55
Went to Battersea today, LFA gone? whats happened to it! thought it was working well!
I know it was for a trial period!:confused:

VeeAny
26th Feb 2013, 18:11
If I understand it correctly, someone flew out of Battersea a day or so after Pete's accident and infringed City whilst supposed to be in the LFA.

It got 'removed' straight after that and as a result of it.

GS

flight beyond sight
26th Feb 2013, 18:17
sad but true

md 600 driver
26th Feb 2013, 20:38
tim
whats a LFA

steve

ShyTorque
26th Feb 2013, 21:31
LFA in this instance = Local Flying Area.

If it has been withdrawn, it's high time someone amended the AIP to reflect that, because it's still in there.

Sir Niall Dementia
27th Feb 2013, 07:34
And on the Heli-Lanes chart:ok:

SND

Satcop
27th Feb 2013, 08:56
OK let's put this one to bed, the Battersea LFA is still in existence and available subject the published weather minima.

There were issues with pilots leaving to the south-east infringing the City CTA and that resulted in some revision to the procedures.

Anyone going to the BHA Special Events Meeting tomorrow can get an update as SATCO Battersea should be there.

VeeAny
27th Feb 2013, 09:27
Satcop,

My info is clearly two weeks out of date, it did come from Satco Batts at Pete's funeral.

I guess it has been fixed in the meantime, which is good news.

GS

Sir Niall Dementia
27th Feb 2013, 10:21
I asked Batts ATC this morning and the LFA is there, will continue to be there and is viewed as an all round good egg.

Don't forget that the weather and traffic may affect whether the LFA is available. Could be TP was just there at a time when it wasn't available and mis-understood.

JJ is at the Spring Brief tomorrow, so words from the horses mouth then.

SND