PDA

View Full Version : 777 to JFK again - via MILAN?

fliion
25th Feb 2013, 08:50
Interesting:

Emirates files slot request for Milan to New York - Airline Hub Buzz | Airline news and Information (http://www.airlinehubbuzz.com/emirates-files-slot-request-milan-new-york/)

f.

TangoUniform
25th Feb 2013, 16:57
That DXB-HAM-JFK was one primo trip. Both when it was a 345 then a 777. If this goes tru, another excellent trip, even though the layover in MXP leaves a bit to be desired. Assets to do this in place since the 777 203 assets haven't been utilized since it's a 380 now. Still awaiting the announcement of maybe MIA, ORD, BOS, ATL, or even MCO. Eight more US destinations the rumour mill says.

NG_Kaptain
25th Feb 2013, 19:46
Heard one of the GCC airlines is adding 777 freighters to Buenos Aires and Miami, I don't know the name of the company but they might be based in the capital.

Whistlen Dan
2nd Mar 2013, 12:44
Surprised there isn't more talk in this thread in regards to more EK flights away from DXB hub.

Assuming Qantas is phasing out the B744 starting in 2013, would EK operate DFW - BNE and SYD?

or

JFK via LAX - SYD and MEL

Maybe Hawaii?

crewmeal
3rd Mar 2013, 05:12
Assuming Qantas is phasing out the B744 starting in 2013, would EK operate DFW - BNE and SYD?

Several options are available to both carriers.

1. Will QF get B777's from EK or Boeing? - probably, because the 787 the
programme is in tatters and no one knows when they will even fly again.

2. Will there be a QF/EK codeshare on Pacific routes to the States and
Canada? In which case I guess either carrier could technically operate the
routes.

3. Will there be more in roads into QF and EK buy into QF? In which case how
much and would EK have a 51% control in shares?

Interesting times ahead, as I believe the QF/EK could become the world's most powerful and profitable carrier(s). Unlike the BA/IB, KL/AF groups who seem to be loosing money.

Wizofoz
3rd Mar 2013, 17:26
Back to the topic, any truth to the initial title of this thread?

That they've applied? Yes, 100% true. Hasn't been granted yet, though.

ALSO heard that Miami might be done via a new South American destination.