PDA

View Full Version : BGS Online

Eoin-
24th Feb 2013, 16:39
Hi guys, I am brushing up for my first set of ATPL exams at the minute. As a Bristol student I have free access to BGS Online, which I am using. People have said the ATPLonline question bank was nearly word-for-word with most questions. I believe Bristol was in some way affiliated with ATPLonline before the set up their own bank. So can anyone tell me should I also register with ATPLonline or will using BGS online be enough seen as they probably just copied the question bank from ATPLonline? I could be totally wrong with my presumptions here, so forgive me if so.

If there is any other question bank you think is worth while using as a revision aid feel free to shout it out :)

Thanks!

PS. I should let you know, I am going to be doing the Irish ATPL exams.

rider_baldos
24th Feb 2013, 21:18
Hi,

I did my first 5 exams last month and used bristol manuals and pc-software, QB from BGSonline and did it well! Never used ATPLonline QB but cant be that different.
I did my exames in Portugal.

Good luck for your exams :)

P40Warhawk
25th Feb 2013, 13:50
Bgsonline is helpfull, though in the more extensive subjects it is not enough. I mean, BGS has less questions then Atplonline and way less then AviationExam.
I got screwed couple of times because never seen the questions before. Though I did also studying in the books, so not only studying by Clicking. So atleast I scored ok because of book knowledge. But If I didnt had that, then I would have scored much lower. And I use Atplonline. Which does ok. But I miss explanations by many questions. Same story at BGS. I have passed almost all the Atpl exams, so aviationexam is not usefull for now, but since you have to start studying I suggest you to take aviationexam. Don t safe money on you study material on the total training costs. Invest in good marks by having the best mamterial you can get.

packo1848
25th Feb 2013, 15:58
Personally, I've found BGS online to be more than adequate, I don't really believe in learning the QB pro-rata, as has been pointed out on my brush-up this month the exam QB in certain subjects is changing and people are being caught out.

The BGS QB is perfectly sufficient to give you an idea of the style of Qs you're likely to encounter. My 1st set of exams mirrored the style of the mock exams (I'm doing them in the UK, not sure how different the Irish ones might be) on BGS online almost exactly, a handful of the Qs weren't exactly the same as those in the QB (granted I didn't complete the entire thing), however having seen similar style of Qs before its easy enough to use the knowledge from the studies to arrive at the correct answer. The main issue with some of the Qs is the wording the examiner uses from time to time can be a little confusing, if you've had exposure to these and had the prominent examples pointed out to you, as they do at the BGS brush-ups, you should have no problem.

Good Luck :ok:

paco
26th Feb 2013, 05:36
If you use the databases as they are meant to be used, then it doesn't really matter which one - some have better explanations in some areas, some don't, but they are supposed to be used for practice under exam conditions. The content of the questions doesn't matter as long as they generate the correct thought processes.

Ans it's true, some of the exams have been doctored:E

P40Warhawk
26th Feb 2013, 13:17
That might be true yes, but with a proper explanation, you can try to understand so you can remember it much better why some answer is the correct one I think :) . So far it helped me a lot when I understand why an answer is correct or incorrect. Some answers yes, its just to put in your head, because they are dumb and useless.