PDA

View Full Version : 7700 SQK LH Last evening

Flying Bull
24th Feb 2013, 14:41
Hi all,
Just wondering, that I can't find any News from the Lufthansaflight last evening from Frankfurt to Stavanger.
It showed 7700 and decended with 3500 Feet per min and a big and one smal "circle" over northern Germany to land at Bremen.
Anybody any Info why?

Flying Bull
24th Feb 2013, 14:43
Not sure but I think it was LH 878

DaveReidUK
25th Feb 2013, 06:53
Anybody any Info why? Around 90% of 7700 squawks relate to passenger medical emergencies, and are therefore only of interest to ambulance-chasers.

Flying Bull
25th Feb 2013, 08:28
Well, tx for the reply.
I was just curious cause the bird nearly plumbed out of the Sky and did a great and a smal circle.
I asume, for a medical emergency, you ask for the next appropriate airfield, set up your approach and land.
Didn't see the bird later on route but May be that, cause Bremen might have no night flying.

reportyourlevel
25th Feb 2013, 13:40
I was just curious cause the bird nearly plumbed out of the Sky and did a great and a smal circle. (sic)

Generally I ignore these "what happened to the 7700?" threads as they get repetitive pretty fast. However this kind of stuff helps no-one. Did it narrowly avoid hitting a school too? Remember journalists come on here and next thing you know you might be being quoted as an "aviation expert" in the press! Speaking of which, if there really was a serious incident you'll see it on the news. As has already been said, most emergencies are medical in nature and one person being sick (however seriously) may be a tragedy for those involved, but is hardly newsworthy to the outside world. No news is good news.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
25th Feb 2013, 15:18
Flying Bull.. Despite your profile, your last posting suggests to me that you know very little about aviation!!