PDA

View Full Version : Visit to the Vacher's Hurricane, March 2nd

airborne_artist
24th Feb 2013, 13:07
Late notice I know, but I am arranging a visit to Peter and Polly's Mk1 Hurricane, with four BoB kills to its name on the afternoon of March 2nd. peter will give an illustrated talk on the history of the aircraft, how he came to find it and the restoration to flying condition. There will then be an opportunity to walk all around it, photograph it and talk to Peter.

It's in North Moreton, between Didcot and Wallingford, Oxfordshire.

The event is a fund-raiser for a charity that support training for prostate cancer nurses and surgeons, which is close to my heart.

PM me or call 07734 414002.

India Four Two
24th Feb 2013, 17:54
AA,

I would be there if I was in the UK. The subject of your fund-raiser is close to a part of my anatomy too, but it's not my heart! ;)

How can I contribute?

Marbles
25th Feb 2013, 15:45
At the moment the only thing taking off from the Vachers' field has legs and a beak. The airstrip is still under a thick layer of the wet stuff. Our house overlooks the field. In the summer the village is treated to impromptu flying displays every time it's taken up for a flight test; so if you're one of the pilots, here's a big thank-you.

airborne_artist
25th Feb 2013, 18:49
I'll all too well aware as I see the mud-strip most morning from the top of Cholsey Hill as I drive to work!

chevvron
26th Feb 2013, 01:29
You should be in school, you're a bit young to drive and go to work!

Fantome
26th Feb 2013, 01:34
Would I be right in thinking this is the Hurri flown in the war by 'Bunny'
Currant ? . The one which his son Simon arranged to make a flyby when the old man's funeral service was taking place, six or seven years ago?