PDA

View Full Version : Qantaslink Engineering ports

Aviater
23rd Feb 2013, 21:14
I was just wondering if anyone knows which ports does qantaslink have engineers positioned?

Cheers!

Fieldmouse
24th Feb 2013, 04:53
Dash 8 heavy maint in 2 hangars.

Capt Claret
24th Feb 2013, 06:45
ADL, ASP, CNS, DRW, PER, not sure about BME. ;)

Oops, forgot BNE. :oh:

Kiwiconehead
24th Feb 2013, 08:04
Qantaslink Engineering (Eastern/Sunstate Turboprop) bases are SYD, MEL, BNE, CBR for Line maintenance. Tamworth for Heavy maintenance

There are contracted service providers for turboprop fleet in TSV, CNS, ADL and Network in Perth which is owned by Qantas but contracts to Sunstate for the Q400.

Qantaslink 717 Engineering is provided by the operator 717 operator Cobham at the ports mentioned my Clarrie above

Eastwest Loco
26th Feb 2013, 10:19
MEL definitely has a base after engineers with wheels were required in DPO last Sunday.

As it works in this world I had 4 passengers on the inevitably delayed flight, but what do you do? It is a cack happens situation. Cannot be avoided at all.

Is the TMW operation the old East West facility? I do recall AN being amazed with the sophistication of the operation and with the "clean room" environments after we were stolen by the Fat Prick. That and the sophistication of our yield management system.

I would like to think that the White House and associated operations live on.

Best all

EWL - from a DPO suffering Coolangatta humid damp and overly warm weather - without the torrential rain and storms.

Fieldmouse
28th Feb 2013, 09:42
Yep, Qlink is in the old East West Hangars, but the tech centre and the white house were sold off to Baida Chicken farms in a final act of complete B#st#rdry by Ansett. Didn't even give the local council the option to buy. So all those lovely clean rooms are full of chicken sexers or something similar.
Damn Shame.