PDA

View Full Version : Guild of Air Pilots - Instrument Rating Instructor Bursary

Flying Lawyer
23rd Feb 2013, 15:49
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Rotorheads/Aviation/GAPANbanner_600.jpg

The aim of the Guild's Bursary Programme is to assist an individual who might not otherwise have the necessary resources to achieve their Certificate.

Instrument Rating Instructor (up to £2,500)

The criteria for successful applications include:
ability to demonstrate a serious ambition to pursue a career as a Flying Instructor
availability to undertake and complete the training award within the prescribed (agreed) time
ability to satisfy the relevant EASA medical standard to enable the issue of the appropriate Certificate and any relevant EASA pre course entry requirements

Any additional experience beyond the minimum required will be viewed favourably.
Interviews do not form part of the selection process.

Candidates will be notified of results by the end of April 2013. The successful candidate will be sent details of the award, together with the full terms and conditions, for formal acceptance.

The Guild will expect training to be carried out at an Approved Training Organisation in the UK and completed by the end of September 2013.

In some circumstances, we may accept applications retrospectively for Certificates completed within the previous 12 months.

Candidates should be aware that the selection committee may also seek verbal references from the flying schools noted on your application form.

The awards are made by a Selection Committee appointed by the Guild.

Candidates must:

Be an unrestricted Instructor
Preferably be working as a full-time Instructor
Meet the pre-entry requirements for the Certificate as set out in Part-FCL/CAP 804
Have completed more than 200 instructional hours.

More information and a downloadable Bursary Application Form here >>> GAPAN (https://www.gapan.org/)
See under 'Career Matters'

CLOSING DATE : 8 March 2013

Tudor Owen

mad_jock
23rd Feb 2013, 18:01
I suspect you won't have many applying for that one as the new regs mean its virtually impossible for a PPL instructor to get to IRI pre entry requirements.

Whopity
23rd Feb 2013, 18:09
I had heard there were no takers so it all goes to show that the shortage of IRIs has already begun, entirely as predicted.

BEagle
24th Feb 2013, 06:48
And if the EIR and C-B M IR go ahead, the demand for IRIs and IREs is only going to get more acute.....

The wretchedly incompetent €urocratic aviation 'safety agency' has so much to answer for...:mad:

mad_jock
24th Feb 2013, 07:07
I know this might sound a bit grumpy old gitish.

But I suspect there may be two groups working towards making things difficult.

Group 1 don't want light aircraft flying in clouds or for that matter being in class A.

Group 2 want pro pilots to go to the large commercial schools via MPL.

They are having multiple pronged attacks to try and get thier way and are working on the fact that if they get knocked back at one hurdle they will trip things up at another.

I suspect this hurdle they might succeed. Although it may back fire with ex instructors who have been stuck in the regionals going back to instructing once the terms and conditions go up due to lack of supply after being made redundant.

But lord only knows what is going to happen in the next 5 years with the commercial schools now the loco's have stopped expanding.

Whopity
24th Feb 2013, 15:41
But lord only knows what is going to happen in the next 5 years Simple, the accident rate will rise, quite slowly at first, as more untrained pilots get caught out by the weather.

Another piece of daftness, a FI does not need to be an IRI to teach for the 10 hours IF on a CPL course, but does if its the same 10 hours for a BIFM! The BIFM is dead in the water.

Flying Lawyer
5th Mar 2013, 21:13

Only 2 days to close of applications

Flying Lawyer
14th Mar 2013, 06:22
Applications for this scholarship are now closed.

There will be at least one further scholarship this year:

ATPL Ground School Scholarship
This will provide free access to an online study package for someone wishing to obtain an ATPL via the Modular Route.

Closing date for applications will be 24 May 2013.
The Scholarship winner must register to begin training by 1 August 2013.
Training must be completed within 18 months.

I'll post further details when they become available.

FL