PDA

View Full Version : Air Niugini Interview

Desert Budgie
23rd Feb 2013, 06:32
Hi all,

I wondered if anyone has any details on the Air Niugini pilot interview. I assume it is for the Dash 8. All extremely short notice and having a hard time finding info on their technical quiz, sim profile, panel interview etc.

Had a good look on the forum and found only limited info. Also, does anyone have any information on the criteria for getting a Cairns base and projected time to a Dash command for a reasonably experienced TP pilot. 5000 HR TT, 4300 multi crew TP, 2700 multi crew TP command.

Thanks in advance

DB :ok:

Waghi Warrior
23rd Feb 2013, 17:38
Assessment is a sim ride that involves an ILS in the Dash 8 sim, standard stuff with no abnormals apart from a missed approach off the ILS if you could call that an abnormal. Friendly interview, more of a personal interview opposed to a technical one, and they have a technical questionnaire that is reasonably general and logical.

In terms of command, expect to be in the right seat for at last 12 months. If you do we'll in all your sim training, subsequent cyclics and line checks, etc, you shouldn't have to much trouble getting a command. Just be prepared to learn.

Good luck.

Chimbu chuckles
23rd Feb 2013, 20:10
Criteria for Cns base is final sim checked/type rating passed and a pulse.

Jobear
4th Mar 2013, 15:18
DB how did the interview go?

Interviewed on the 2nd very professional but relaxed interview. Everything was as previously written.

Desert Budgie
4th Mar 2013, 19:14
Thanks a lot for the replies. Unfortunately the mods moved my thread around 3 different forums and I only stumbled upon it now.

Interview went well. Very professional staff and quite a pleasant conversation as far as interviews go. Technical exam is a reasonable doddle for any working airline pilot.

My impression is they put A LOT of emphasis on the sim ride. They have a straight forward but clever profile that tests your basic abilities on all forms of radio navigation. Next to no preparation time given for the exercise. This is part of the test as they want to see your abilities in aircraft, flying as you would for your current operator. You walk into the sim, sit down and they tell you your cleared for take off. It is solely up to you how you want to operate the flight and how you want to utilise your co-pilot. I think it went well, did all that was asked on the briefing notes. However the checkies give nothing away, so I'll only really know how I've done when I get the yay or nay from HR.

Good luck to all that interviewed last week!

DB :cool:

Desert Budgie
5th Mar 2013, 07:05
A couple more questions.

How long does one normally wait to get an answer from HR? They told me in the interview 2 weeks, however the checkies in the sim asked me 'how long is a piece of string?!?'

Another thing that surprised most of us was that we were being interviewed for their pilot hold pool. Most candidates were under the impression that they had projected start dates for the successful candidates. They explained that they are in need of crew, however their training department is full and they already have guys in the pool.

Does anyone have any experience in the ANG pool, and how long can one expect to be swimming?

Thanks in advance

Jobear
28th Mar 2013, 12:50
Any updates to the above?

swab
29th Mar 2013, 07:41
I went through the process about a year ago. Got offered a moresby base, knocked it back very diplomatically. Two months later they called with a CAIRNS base.

Talon1
30th Mar 2013, 05:34
6-7 weeks after the sim check was told I got through, another 2 or 3 weeks later and was offered a contract. No hold pool that I know of, they were waiting for me to finish with my current company.

Asked for a Cairns base in the interview and that's what I got. They tend to take their time in getting back to you but they eventually do.

Desert Budgie
5th Apr 2013, 07:07
Hi All,

Just received my successful interview result this morning. Took exactly 5 weeks from the Feb 28th - March 1st interviews.

Next Dash 8 ground school courses not beginning until August or September :-/ Might be a wee bit too far away for me.

I hope others have had the same success

Cheers

Eh Pilot
5th Apr 2013, 10:47
Hi all

I had the same email this morning. Interview and sim conducted 1st and 2nd March so exactly 5 weeks. Looks like have to wait till August/September till next ground school.

Good luck to all the rest.

Killer Loop
5th Apr 2013, 12:58
Congatulations DB!

Jobear
9th Apr 2013, 13:01
Congrats!!
Is that wait for the Dhc8 and the Q? Or just the Dhc8 1,2,3?

Eh Pilot
15th Apr 2013, 05:17
The Classic so 100/200/300 was what they were hiring for.

codered
14th Nov 2016, 06:12
Any here can share the sim profile in the Dash 8 and the technical quiz type questions

ARPs
15th Nov 2016, 01:42
Consists of holding patterns around a large pineapple these days :ugh::ugh::ugh:

Aveyron
25th Nov 2016, 02:01
Can anyone here share the Technical Questions and Sim profile during interview.

codered
29th Nov 2016, 02:30
Am after the same info regarding technical questions and sim profile