PDA

View Full Version : When did the forum listing change?

The Green Goblin
22nd Feb 2013, 23:50
As in the title, I noticed the layout has completely changed.

I miss the days of pprune when we had four forums for Australia :)

Capn Bloggs
23rd Feb 2013, 00:22
We also want people to break out of their geographic ghettos and check out what's going on around the world.
Ghetto?? Speak for yourself! Can't be too much of a ghetto when all and sundry are trying to come here.... :O

Arrh, social engineering by the Mother Country! "Now listen Bloggs, go and talk to/read about those other people/countries over there...it'll do you good!!" :}

I must admit though it's now easier to to get D and G; almost at the top of Prune instead of down the bottom past the riff raff. :D

Tidbinbilla
23rd Feb 2013, 02:00
I must admit though it's now easier to to get D and G; almost at the top of Prune instead of down the bottom past the riff raff

Indeed :}

Changed over this morning, folks. You'll need to update your bookmarks :E

Capn Bloggs
23rd Feb 2013, 02:21
You'll need to update your bookmarks
No you don't. The forum order has changed but the actual addresses of the forums themselves are the same. :ok:

Tidbinbilla
23rd Feb 2013, 02:38
You will, if your bookmark took you to the (no longer existent) D&G Forums submenu :8 (we need a razz emoticon).

Capn Bloggs
23rd Feb 2013, 03:59
You will, if your bookmark took you to the (no longer existent) D&G Forums submenu (we need a razz emoticon).
Point taken. I shall look at myself in the mirror and do this on your behalf!

http://www.smilies.our-local.co.uk/index_files/tongue.gif

:D

Tidbinbilla
23rd Feb 2013, 05:02
HMMMMPHH!!! Gives me the weather instead of the news. THAT is the sloppiest razz I've ever seen. Right back at you:ok:

tail wheel
23rd Feb 2013, 07:39
I must admit though it's now easier to to get D and G; almost at the top of Prune instead of down the bottom past the riff raff.

Where it belongs I may add, although a little too close to the POMs for my liking! :E

compressor stall
23rd Feb 2013, 07:49
Remember the fuss when we were separated from the Rumours and News? Around 1998 I think.

tail wheel
23rd Feb 2013, 10:17
I joined PPRuNe in the first 75 registered users and remember the daily PPRuNe email!!!

Pontius
24th Feb 2013, 02:13
I did too, Tailwheel. I know we had the great Pprune re-set when dates and post counts were zeroed but how come you've got your proper joining date and I haven't? Jailer's pet :)

Diffuser
24th Feb 2013, 07:54
I totally agree also, I miss the old Ausie format for us down under :{ so easy, to go into.... Who is really interested :cool:how many attempts it takes one to pass UK exams.....?? Everyone is interested in whats happening in there own neck of the woods, unless directly affected by external issues.... am I making sence .......:confused:

SOPS
24th Feb 2013, 09:44
I had forgotten about the daily email, I miss agony aunt!

hiwaytohell
24th Feb 2013, 10:40
I know we had the great PPRuNe re-set when dates and post counts were zeroed but how come you've got your proper joining date and I haven't?

I had wondered about that as well having first joined in about '99...

clear to land
24th Feb 2013, 14:03
Was certainly different back then-used to look forward to agony aunt. I was in the first group too, can't remember if it was late 95 or early 96. I lost my username as well as join date in the server crash :sad:

tail wheel
24th Feb 2013, 18:36
Not all user details were lost in the server crash, I think most site Mod details survived? My user name shows join date 7 January 1996 but the user name was modified some years ago. Too long ago to remember.

Torres
24th Feb 2013, 19:09
My join date is shown as 1999, which I think is prior to the great server crash?

compressor stall
24th Feb 2013, 19:37
My details were reset in the crash which would help to pinpoint a date.

From memory, not everyone's was reset and afterwards Danny was playing around with dates and post counts giving people all sorts of weird numbers.

PLovett
24th Feb 2013, 19:47
And there I was thinking it was the amount of hot air generated on the DG&P fora that had lifted them up the ladder. :oh: