PDA

View Full Version : Barcelona BA business lounge - any experiences?

chrissw
22nd Feb 2013, 12:20
Does anyone have any experience of the BA business lounge in Barcelona?

I'm considering upgrading to Club Europe on return from Barcelona in April, and if there is reasonable provision of food in the lounge, it would probably swing it for me.

Captivep
23rd Feb 2013, 11:04
I have but I have to say I wouldn't upgrade to Club purely on the basis of the quality of the food in the lounges. Not a criticism of this, or any other BA lounge I've been in, it's just that, quite understandably, the food is of the snack variety.

chrissw
24th Feb 2013, 18:09
Well I understand that, but the upgrade price is quite attractive, and since it's a late-ish flight it's quite tempting. If you know, how would you compare it to the Terraces Lounge in Heathrow T5, for example?

LondonPax
25th Feb 2013, 08:58
The BA website (http://www.britishairways.com/travel/lounge-locations/public/en_gb#eu) describes the Barcelona lounge as a "third party lounge". This could be anything. Since that is probably Iberia, who are of course the national carrier in Spain, that could be quite good. A quick look suggests that their lounges are quite nice (http://www.airreview.com/Iberia/Lounges.htm).

Other than this, I haven't been to the Barcelona BA lounge, but as no-one seems to be offering specific experience ... in my experience the BA Club lounges outside the main airports (LHR, JFK, NRT etc) are pretty basic. As captivep says food is snacks. The benefit of the lounges is purely that you can get away from the crowds (though depending on who else shares lounge access and how small the lounge is that can get pretty busy too), pick up a snack and - of course - a drink and plug in your laptop, use wifi etc. So, better than a smack around the head with a wet fish but generally not in the same class as the T5 lounges.

Captivep
25th Feb 2013, 09:36
I agree with Londonpax. T5 lounges are much better than my recollection of the one at Barcelona.

custardpsc
25th Feb 2013, 21:02
If the idea of eating your own weight in cheap peanuts and paying for wifi is appealing the bcn lounge is to be recommended. It is fine for coffee, croissant and a newspaper but its not comparable to the terraces lounges at lhr. Note also that if you wish to shop make sure you do it before passport control and the lounge is after, with limited facilities and no way to return to the main concourse. There are no announcements in the lounge and a fair walk to the gates.