PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get paid from Beirut - non FC

Owenon
22nd Feb 2013, 08:49
Good Morning,

I run a business in the UK that has provided services to a well known bizjet company in Beirut. The original work we did for them had a full contract value of about $40k and we discounted this to $25k for 30 days payment in August 2012.

Since then they have used every excuse under the sun not to pay and in October offered us $20k in a final settlement which we reluctantly agreed to accept only for the payment not to arrive.

Since October they haven't responded to emails or calls and I've registered the claim with Aero Liens.

Our work cannot be in dispute as we are a Recruitment Business that placed someone with them who is still there.

My question is, does anyone have any advice for dealing with them to encourage them to settle our bill before we are forced into expensive legal bills.

I don't wish to breach and name or shame rules on PPrune, however and guidance would be appreciated and from previous searches it seems these guys have some previous for this sort of thing.

Thank You.

Springbok614
23rd Feb 2013, 09:06
Get one of their aircraft impounded if it lands somewhere in Europe or UK. That should settle the bill quickly!

B200Drvr
23rd Feb 2013, 12:20
I agree with the above, a lot of ME companies believe they are above Western law, put a lien on their aeroplanes in Europe and watch how quick they cough up!!

Gulfstreamaviator
23rd Feb 2013, 13:48
is the answer...... or even the treat of it...

glf

FrankR
24th Feb 2013, 01:43
I had an aircraft locked down in Paris because another aircraft from my company had not paid their rather substantial billing.

... It worked like a charm! The handler was paid in full hastily.

So if you can entice them back to your facility you've got it made. Otherwise, I have no idea how to get a judgement and then enforce it within UK or EU.

FR

Owenon
25th Feb 2013, 07:49
Thanks for all of your advice so far.

I have registered a claim with Aeroliens, however what would be the next stage to get a lien imposed on an aircraft should it arrive in the UK? Is it something that can be done via the CAA?

hawker750
25th Feb 2013, 12:17
Lien is the answer and for the original $40,000 plus interest plus costs. This should be about $50,000. Send them an e-mail saying you have a lien on one of their (unnamed) aircraft as soon as it lands at an (unnamed) European airport and unless $25,000 is received with 7 days the lien will be enforced.
Should do the trick

cldrvr
25th Feb 2013, 13:06
Posting a "lien" with aeroliens is about as useful as a chocolate teacup. It is just a name and shame service.

You need to talk to a sollicitor and get a claim going in the courts to have any chance of collecting your fees.

FrankR
25th Feb 2013, 13:23
Never ask your accountant to do heart surgery, your mistress to do your taxes, or a pilot for legal advise!

FR

mutt
25th Feb 2013, 14:53
Considering that you supplied Administrative Services to the company rather than services for a particular aircraft, are you legally allowed to place a lien on an aircraft?

BTW, my limited understanding of internet scams is that the scammer seeks to obtain your bank account details, after that they somehow transfer funds from your account. All of the required details for such a scammer are available in the documents that you have posted on aeroliens! You might consider editing out the details :)

Mutt

md 600 driver
25th Feb 2013, 15:00
find your employee another job

B1GGLES
26th Feb 2013, 21:39
@Owenon

I do hope you are not offering your services again for them...

Deputy Director Flight Operations with ImperialJet Europe GmbH | 467434 (http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/job/467434/deputy-director-flight-operations/)

Good luck to all those that apply... :oh:

Macswiss
3rd Mar 2013, 15:56
Bashing
Dear all,

let me introduce myself, my name is Martin Spiegl and I am the Managing Director of Imperial Europe GmbH, based in Hallbergmoos, near Munich Airport.

It seems that we have some digruntled ex-employees or competitors, who are jealous on the continued success of ImperialJet.

We have no impounded Aircrafts and we are not running any risk on this at all. Reading the news of collapsed aviation companies in 2012, it seems that many companies are having much more outstanding in supplier obligations, than we ever had in the history of our company together.

It seems that all who have commented on this threat so far, have not been given any details or supporting facts to their allegations. I have been available to discuss this in public in this forum or via email in the past, and I will continue to do so.

Let me add here, that on the public allegations in the past in this forum, only one company has written to me via email and also on this forum, to claim one outstanding invoice. It appeared that invoice was disputed correctly from our organisation.

So, if anybody has an issue with our company, please speak up now and send me an email. This is my email: [email protected]

Wishing you all a happy new year.

With best regards,

Martin Spiegl

mutt
3rd Mar 2013, 21:24
Martin why did you change your username ?

As for facts, at least in this case, look at aero liens.com...... The information is there.

Mutt

MartinSpiegl
4th Mar 2013, 09:10
Hello Mutt,

I have not changed my name and MacSwiss is trying to make a point here.
Given the fact, that he has commented on Bluestream in the past, it should be clear for everybody who might fuel this situation now.

As for this particular case, I have received communications from Owenon (initiar of this post) and started communication with this supplier and this is progressing.

I stand firm to my commitment, that anybody should contact me if there is something to discuss.

Let me conclude this with some statistics: This is the first person who contacted me since I made this offer here in public.

Best regards,

Martin