PDA

View Full Version : Madiba Bay School of Flight

judy85
21st Feb 2013, 15:17
Hey...anyone been to madiba bay school of flight? I got some rave reviews from a friend who did not actually go there but seems to think that it's one of the best up and coming flight schools in SA. Please help!

Tomosan
9th Nov 2014, 10:01
I emailed them with some questions and asked for a detailed quote a few weeks ago. The price I got back from them was R20,000 more than what it said on their website. When I asked them about this they said "Yeah, sorry we've been meaning to change that for a while" or words to that effect.

Their quote also seemed to be missing several key costs, in particular I couldn't see a costing for the checkrides. The price also excludes ground school. When I asked about this, they sent me a separate costing for ground school, but only to PPL level. Apparently they don't offer a CPL ground school yet... But they assure me that most of the students pass their exams first time with good scores! Hmmm...

After I finished checking over their quote, I found by the time I added some ground school and other essential costs the total price was more like R340,000 and that at the end of it I'd have about 190 hours TT and no CPL ground school. That still makes them slightly cheaper than most of the competition, but the structure of their training plan strikes me amateurish (in my opinion) and their website prices and claims of inclusivity are misleading. I won't be training with them.