PDA

View Full Version : English language proficiency

First officer marvel
20th Feb 2013, 23:22
Hello all

I have a uk CPL with multi and IR. I recently applied for a licence validation, and as a result I have discovered that my English language proficiency expired in march 2012. I have renewed my licence since, and the English proficiency is still stated as English (even though at the time of applying it had expired.) Just wondering what the implications are? I last did a flight test with a UK examiner in late march 2008, and though I had upgraded to level 6 proficiency (I have only ever spoken English, and lived in the UK until 2008.) I currently live and fly outside of the UK, but using my uk licence. Just wondering if anyone knows what's the implications of this are? I have been ramp checked during the time it has been expired (in a French territory) and nothing was noted.

Thanks for all responses

Rigger92
21st Feb 2013, 08:19
I recently converted my licence to EASA and although I am a native English speaker, I had to complete a level 6 assessment otherwise I was only valid for 2 years at my previous level 4. I believe that at level 6 and under EASA regulations, the assessment then has no expiry and this may be the case with you?

I would contact the Authority on this one to confirm. I suspect at worse you would need to complete a form SRG1199 (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1199FFenabled.pdf) and at best, you are already sorted! Hope this helps?