PDA

View Full Version : Coops - 12(B) Sqn

light_my_spey
20th Feb 2013, 20:49
With great sadness I attended the funeral of Coops (David Cooper) today, unfortunately after a long battle, Coops lost his fight to cancer. For those of you who knew Coops and more so I guess for those that didn't, Coops was a long serving member of 12(B) Sqn. Coops initially joined the Royal Air Force as a Sootie, and became a bloody good one at that, and later on due to the attempts of the RAF to get twice as much out of every man, Coops retrained as a Rigger. This forum dedicates itself to professionals that fly and also the back room boys and girls without whom nothing would leave the ground. Coops was most definitely the latter, a superb technician, skilful and intelligent, and foremost in my mind a great man to have on your team and always the gentleman. I'll miss Coops, for his dry wit, his calmness when chaos was in full swing during sometimes what felt like a normal flying day, and always knowing I could turn to him no matter what, knowing he would deliver.
I'm sure many of of you who peruse this forum will have come across Coops at some point, his time in the Tornado fleet and later on Chinooks. I could ramble on but frankly would prefer for those folk who knew Coops to just merely spare a thought or two, to him, and those who are left behind, Lynda and the children, Alex and Beth.
Please gents, would you raise a glass this evening, to Coops.

Alber Ratman
20th Feb 2013, 21:09
Rest in peace Coops. Glass raised tonight.

smujsmith
20th Feb 2013, 22:00
A fine wee dram, to reflect a fine man. Here's to you Coops.

Gratias ago vos pro vestri muneris