PDA

View Full Version : Transiting thru JFK with Delta

Trinity 09L
20th Feb 2013, 19:23
Due to go thru JFK with Delta from LHR to Miami, does our hold baggage go straight thru, or do I have to identify whilst transiting, I see I have to change terminals, done it before in USA but cannot remember:hmm:
Many thanks

beachbumflyer
20th Feb 2013, 20:13
Just curious. Why don't you take a nonstop flight from LHR to MIA?

Jarvy
20th Feb 2013, 20:14
Baggage does not go straight through, you must claim it then recheck it.
You may arrive at 4 or 3, it changes every time. One stop on the Air Train which is free between terminals.
There are signs for flight connections and usually a Delta person around.

Trinity 09L
20th Feb 2013, 20:23
Jarvy
Many thanks - DL6 arrives T3 and Miami dep T2.
They are cruise flights (late booking), and we get a night in MIA beforehand anyway.
many thanks for replies

orion1210
20th Feb 2013, 20:56
As it is your point of entry to the usa you will pass through immagration then collect your bags, then pass through customs, recheck bag (be sure to put any duty free liquids in your hold bags from previous leg), transfer terminals, pass through security then board connection. Simples!!

jackieofalltrades
21st Feb 2013, 00:37
T3 to T2 is an easy, short walk, just follow the signs. It will be quicker than finding the AirTrain.
Like has been said, you will need to collect your checked baggage to clear customs, the recheck them and clear security. I've done it a few times, it's easy enough, although be warned than immigration at JFK is one step away from Hell on Earth. I'll let you decide whether that's one step better or worse...

Jarvy
21st Feb 2013, 10:47
As has been said T3 and T2 are really the same so no problem there.
I arrived into T3 on Tuesday afternoon and the time to get through immigration was just under 5 minutes! But it has also taken 2 hours, its just the luck of the draw!