PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to the NATS forum?

TrafficTraffic
22nd Apr 2002, 14:58
I remember not so long ago in a country not far enough away that all the little worker ants that lived there whinged and complained and stomped their little feet demanding a NATS forum.

Now I haven't been around for a while so imagine my surprise when I return and find that somebody has been posting all sorts of things in the ATC forum about NATS.....now dont get me wrong, I mean I enjoy reading you guys whinge as much as the next subcriber to Earth and Worm Digest

I mean have a look at the fantastic selection of topics available...
Poll: NATS pay offer, NAS: From 9020 to HCS (sorry Bex), HSE report on NERC Screens, MATS part 2 LATCC....and the hits just keep on coming.

No mention of the fantastically brilliant and well thought out FLAS (Flight Level Allocation Scheme) that exists around the North Sea, I personally think we should go back to checking DME distances and get some of those Tridents and B727's out of retirement just to complete our trip back in time (and reality).:cool:

And is it true that in the UK you say Flight Level Three Hundred (FL300) as opposed to Flight Level Three Zero Zero (as per ICAO PANS OPS)? If so why? Couldnt Three Hundred sound like Thre One Zero?

And how often do you have to replace the Hampster that drives NERC? He seem to get tired quite often! Or should I have read Bexil's post about NAS?

So has the NATS forum closed?

It sure looks like it!

Bev Bevan
22nd Apr 2002, 17:18
well... since you havnt been around for a while.... you won't know that there are some issues to be solved with the new PPruNe server before the NATS forum can return. It's currently u/s.

Now, go and have a pop at someone else for a change.
:mad:

roger
22nd Apr 2002, 17:36
TT,
so you've been away for 6 months(3 months off for good behaviour?) what did you do? I promise not to tell!!

BEXIL160
22nd Apr 2002, 21:12
Hello Traffic, welcome back

As you've been advised there is no NATS Forum at present (which I actually voted AGAINST as you'll recall)... Anyway where was I? Oh yeah, the 9020 to HCS thing I would have posted here anyway 'cos many of those in the know have long since retired or left NATS and I'm interested in what they have to say.

As for the rest..... Well maybe it's better in the Public Domain, you don't HAVE to read it after all, and some people might like to see the inside of NATS workings.... even if it's only about car parking.

Anyway, welcome back. I missed your viewpoints.

Rgds BEX

VectorLine
22nd Apr 2002, 22:46
very diplomatic bexil.