PDA

View Full Version : CONNELLAN AIRWAYS DH89 QUERY

FAR CU
17th Feb 2013, 08:16
17th February 2013

Corentin Seznec <[email protected]>

To Whom It May Concern:

Kaye Caplin of the Connellan Airways Trust suggested I should try PPRuNe as I am currently researching information related to Connellan for a book that my family will publish in the US in the next several months.

The book is actually a travel chronicle written by my great uncle George Thackray "Bee" Weems, about a 1950 ferry flight of a de Havilland Dragon Rapide "VH-AIK" from England to EJ Connellan in Alice Springs for use on his outback air services.

With my uncle were three others - Captain PVH Weems, Lieutenant Commander Willie Eddins, and a British aircraft engineer, James William Henry "Smitty" Smith. We currently have very little information on the latter, aside from the fact that he was apparently leaving England to work for Connellan Airways.

If you have any biographical information at all about Smitty, including photos or any other documents, we would be most grateful if you could share them with us. He is currently the "unknown" in the story, so it would be most helpful!

You can reach us by email.. Many thanks!

Sincerely,
Cory Seznec

coryseznec.com

ps In the movie 'A Town Like Alice.' the Peter Finch character is seen towards the end of the movie in company with Eddie Connellan with a Rapide in the background taxying in.