PDA

View Full Version : Congo, Gabon, Eq Guinea & Sao Tome

compressor stall
21st Apr 2002, 04:11
If there are any PPruners over these parts I am coming over for 5 weeks july/aug and would love to meet up and find a bit more about flying in these parts.

Also any advice on must see/do things would be appreciated!

Fly safe

CS

BadAndy
21st Apr 2002, 04:26
I'm in Equatorial Guinea (on Malabo, the island part). There's not a whole lot to do there. Some resteraunts and a couple of bars. If, however, you are on the continental section, I highly recommend the beaches in Bata. They are pretty nice. If you want more details, drop me an email, or come up and say hello if you see the blue and white ERJ.

4144r
22nd Apr 2002, 22:33
Hi CS,
I am in Libreville since 1 month, if you come, drop me an email.

Hello Bad Andy,
I will start in 2 months some flights to Bata,Malabo, and Sao Tome from Lbv on the 2AG's B1900.
For witch company are you flying?
See you.
Soft landings
4144r

BadAndy
23rd Apr 2002, 13:47
4144r--

I'm with EGA on the E-145. White with a blue tail with a palm tree on it. If we ever finish mx in Lisbon we'll be back there flying again. (It's been almost 3 weeks now). Who knows.....

Are you guys doing any hiring these days? I have a British friend I'm trying to help find a job in these parts. If you know of anything, can you drop me an email? Thanks.

Andy

contraxdog
26th Apr 2002, 03:51
Bad Andy,

I spent 3 years in Malabo, working for Auila Air that doesnt exist any more. Mobil, Triton, etc was the client.
Mesa Verde was the watering hole of note. Still have lots of friends working there. Big Nik the teach, Grumpy Allen at Exxon Mobil, the fling wing drivers at Canadian Heli, and please.Greetings to Fauzi the owner, from Herc.
I have to concur Bata beaches rule.
But most of all remember, Malabo is "The Twilight Zone"
Its to this day one of the better contracts I did.
Im glad to see EGA is now flying ERJ's. They had an24's and those terrible yak40's when we where there.Saw one going tail first into the junge after landing runway 23, after doing the Hooligan 1A arrival in heavy rain.
Have one for me on the terraso at Bahia.

Contraxdog