PDA

View Full Version : Cillit Bang & Barry Scott

unclenelli
16th Feb 2013, 09:38
However annoying Barry Scott may be, does anyone have any idea about the aircraft he is currently sitting in.

The adverts only show close-up views of it.
QfZm0b0vBgA

Rounder intake than a Jag

What is it?????

kration
16th Feb 2013, 09:44
I think it's a Soko J-22 Orao - a Romanian/Yugoslav collaboration which has more than a passing resemblance to the Jaguar.

Molemot
16th Feb 2013, 09:45
I understand it's a mocked-up L39 from one of the Bond films.

kration
16th Feb 2013, 09:51
More info. on this link - including pics of the aircraft being moved:

- The Airfix Tribute Forum - • View topic - Cillit Bang Turbo Power advert (http://airfixtributeforum.myfastforum.org/sutra500272.php)

ericferret
16th Feb 2013, 10:20
A local boy of about 5 years old went missing in our village and a full blown search including a helicopter was initiated.

After a while he was found in the garden hiding under a bush having become frightened by the commotion.

Police Sergeant "What have you to say for yourself young man?"

Little boy thinks for a while then says "We've got Cillit Bang"

Cue laughter

CoffmanStarter
16th Feb 2013, 10:57
Is Cillit Bang good at removing exhaust plume soot of Tonka rear ends :E

Field44
16th Feb 2013, 11:55
What he needs is Kitchen Gun

Kitchen Gun - The Peter Serafinowicz Show - BBC Two - YouTube

Much more effective and Wills Mum is in it to boot!

Fox3WheresMyBanana
16th Feb 2013, 12:56
Is Cillit Bang good at removing exhaust plume soot of Tonka rear ends

I don't think anything is. I know the jet I took to the RAF 75th Review had just come out of the paint shop, and I was ordered to do aerobrake landings.

NutLoose
16th Feb 2013, 13:07
We erm washed a Puma one evening for an airshow it was going to the next day and found we had no cleaning fluid in stock, several tins of swarfega later we were standing looking at a snot green covered Puma which we agitated with brushes then hosed off....

It came up great but we kept it quiet, though the thing stank of the stuff :O

CoffmanStarter
16th Feb 2013, 15:29
F3 ...

So which is yours :ok:

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu149/goosefightercontrol/scan51.jpg

RAF 75th anniversary at Marham in 1993. 5, 11, 23, 25, 29, 43, 111, 56 ... Bums duly wiped :ok:

Fox3WheresMyBanana
16th Feb 2013, 15:57
The 56 one in the foreground!
I was picked to meet the Queen, me.
Any chance of best quality copies?
(I don't have any).

Rhino power
16th Feb 2013, 16:03
Just look at all those different squadrons... :ooh:

-RP

CoffmanStarter
16th Feb 2013, 16:14
F3 ...

Sorry old chap not my photo ... But the photographer appears here :ok:

Fighter Control (http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=17665)

You might like to try this photographer ... slightly different

Air Show Forum (http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=47959)

Cheers ...

Coff.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
16th Feb 2013, 17:12
Thanks, I'll try those.
ZH556 was a shiny new jet. I collected it new from Warton on Jan 27th that year.
I remember that many of the workers came out to see it leave, and I was expected to depart impressively. I remember I had to clear the departure with Manchester Control because it was their airspace over Warton, so I asked for one circuit and a climb to FL330. Ground came back on taxi with "Manchester request your outbound heading" I just replied "Vertical", and got it!

CoffmanStarter
16th Feb 2013, 17:44
Style :ok:

Fox3WheresMyBanana
16th Feb 2013, 18:23
Downside was that climb toppled the INs, so the next 20 minutes was head-down instruments. You can't get the staff, you really can't.

Still, they must have liked it - I was back next day to collect ZH557.

Corrona
16th Feb 2013, 18:35
this is a good example of thread drift! 'that' advert is incredibly irritating.

dragartist
16th Feb 2013, 19:10
Not sure what went wrong. I was at the 75th do at Marham. I suspect these pics were taken in the build up. Had lunch in a hangar. probably the same hangar I had worked on Victors in. The only photo I have is a distant shot of a 146. they were pretty new in those days.

So what about this Cilit bang stuff- does it do what it says on the tin?

One of my old bosses was a crew cheif on Lord Louis Hastings in the Far East. he told me they had to polish it by hand. so much so that the heads of the rivets were worn away and had to be replaced on a regular basis.

I wonder if we should go back to those days to create jobs for airman. I think the pilots should polish their own jets. particularly the transport guys. that would shut them up from moaning on here about everything!

CoffmanStarter
16th Feb 2013, 19:11
Nutty the Odiham Swarfega Monster ... :}

http://www.manaleak.com/mtguk/files/2011/04/Green-Monster.gif

Andratx
16th Feb 2013, 23:01
A friend of mine used to go out with the actor who plays Barry Scott.

We called her Mrs Cillit Bang.

dctyke
17th Feb 2013, 06:55
I would love to lock Barry Scott in a room with the crew room oven and as much cillit bang as he wished. He would be there a long long time............. one wipe and it's gone my arrse! How do they get away with these ads.

SpringHeeledJack
17th Feb 2013, 08:50
one wipe and it's gone my arrse! How do they get away with these ads.

They get away with it by showing in a 2 second burst tiny writing that explains the commercial is a representation of the efficiency of said products and not in real time. Don't worry if you missed it, you're quite normal.

CoffmanStarter
17th Feb 2013, 16:28
Jenkins old chap ... You can't leave it there ... which mount is yours then :ok:

Fox3WheresMyBanana
17th Feb 2013, 18:22
The real event was the wettest day in Norfolk ever recorded (and I think the records went back over 400 years). Not even a chopper or harrier could get airborne.
We stood under the wings until about 10 minutes before the car passed. The Queen wisely remained in the car.
No coats allowed, of course. Last time I ever wore that SD hat.

...only 16 more crews to identify!

CoffmanStarter
17th Feb 2013, 18:38
Jenkins ...

Thanks ... Andover CC2 XS794 32 Squadron :ok:

Coff

CoffmanStarter
17th Feb 2013, 20:09
Seems XS794 was a bit of a Show Girl :ok:

Here she is at the 1977 Jubilee air show at RAF Finningley.

XS794 (http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---Air/Hawker-Siddeley-HS-748/2159736/&sid=c570111cb523f967bd4328645eb2eeca)

Presumably she was in grey livery at Marham ?

CoffmanStarter
17th Feb 2013, 20:26
Yep ... :mad:

AR1
18th Feb 2013, 04:19
I washed the section Chevette once, and dipped the broom into the top of the container of detergent the fire section had left next to the wash bay.
Worked a treat, then my hands started to burn, so I left the vehicle and went indoors to wash the detergent off. I decided to investigate and had a look at the drum which had the words 'Paint Stripper' on the side.

One wipe and it's gone.

Chugalug2
19th Feb 2013, 09:36
dragartist:-
...Lord Louis Hastings in the Far East.
Don't know about the arrangements for His Lordship, but Hastings of a lesser nature were received at Kai Tak by a HAEC Operative with a broom and a large bucket of Gunk (as manufactured by Messrs Radiator Speciality Company of Charlotte NC). The next morning, nursing headaches from the Happy Hours race around Kowloon and clutching our newly overnight run up shirts blue, collar attached, from Samtanis, it always impressed how the exhaust stains on the cowlings and flaps were no more (though usually back by 100 out).
Slosh and the dirt was gone!