PDA

View Full Version : Buccaneer,Lightnings and Hunters up for sale again

NutLoose
14th Feb 2013, 21:29
Get your bids in.

Thunder City Aircraft Company - Historical Military Jets - All Lots - GoIndustry DoveBid (http://www.go-dove.com/en/event-15794/Thunder-City-Aircraft-Company-Historical-Military-Jets/lots)

baffman
14th Feb 2013, 22:42
Sad, although I do appreciate the background. Weren't these aircraft already placed on the market?

Dysonsphere
16th Feb 2013, 10:32
Its a shame really have they gone bankrupt or just getting out of the market.

Finningley Boy
16th Feb 2013, 16:05
I wonder if HHA Ltd would interested in anything they've got available. Also, what would the possibility be of them purchasing a Lightning or two? I imagine the CAA jitters over Lightnings being operated in private hands back in the 1990s may be alleviated somewhat by their being flown by a serious business like organisation with a good track record such as HHA!?!

FB:)

Milo Minderbinder
16th Feb 2013, 16:42
Do you seriously believe that anyone will allow these to fly again after the botched maintenance and record keeping which led to the crash of the other Lightning?

Treble one
16th Feb 2013, 20:50
Its a massive shame that we are highly unlikely to ever see a Lightning fly again in the UK, but IIRC, the CAA wouldn't even allow the aircraft destined for Thunder City have a ferry flight out of the country.

Fortunately we have some fantastic guys at the LPG and Cranfield to allow us Lightning lovers a little reminder of the past. :ok:

Dysonsphere
16th Feb 2013, 21:38
Its a massive shame that we are highly unlikely to ever see a Lightning fly again in the UK, but IIRC, the CAA wouldn't even allow the aircraft destined for Thunder City have a ferry flight out of the country.

Quite and the same problem for the Shack at Coventry for gods sake XH558 can fly and a Shack is much simpler.