PDA

View Full Version : Psychometric Testing

Heli-Jock
13th Feb 2013, 12:05
Does anyone have any information or relevant study materials, to help with a Psychometric test conducted at Oxford Aviation on behalf of Bond Helicopters Offshore? Ive tried Oxfords website and the pest.com site but cant open the test pages!!!!! :ugh:

Chopper Doc
13th Feb 2013, 13:06
There is nothing to study! If the tests are administered properly they are trying to assess your personality.

diginagain
13th Feb 2013, 13:54
If you've got one!

Aucky
13th Feb 2013, 14:30
There is nothing to study! If the tests are administered properly they are trying to assess your personality.

Not quite true - they give you the advanced compass test, which amongst other things tests mental arythmatic, memory recall & coordination aptitude... There are some test online here which replicate certain sections (apparently harder than the actual compass test) (http://www.latestpilotjobs.com/site/mypage/id/gamelist.html) I'm not sure how closely these represent the actual tests... Perhaps someone who has sat them might offer some input?

Unless of course you actually mean just the psychometric test (as opposed to the Advanced Compass test), of which both are covered in the day.

helihub
14th Feb 2013, 08:18
arythmatic

Good job they don't test spelling, then, Aucky :ok:

Aucky
14th Feb 2013, 08:21
oops, but it's the right number of letters :}

Heli-Jock
14th Feb 2013, 09:52
Thanx Aucky,,,
Thats a very good link!
:ok:

Bravo73
14th Feb 2013, 13:58
There are some test online here which replicate certain sections (apparently harder than the actual compass test) (http://www.latestpilotjobs.com/site/mypage/id/gamelist.html) I'm not sure how closely these represent the actual tests...

Those are pretty close to the real thing.

The only part which is missing is the actual psychometric element of the test. But, as others have already said, there is no way of training for that part. You are either the sort of personality profile that they are looking for or you're not.

Peter-RB
14th Feb 2013, 19:36
Good evening Rotorheads,

This Sycometric thingy would it go better with Red or Rose Wine, you see I cant consentrate until my eyes are all blood shot, is it were they show you ink blots and ask for your comments....or is it finding the next perfect number to fit the existing line...or fitting shapes into other shapes, it would be nice if one of you would explain this to us older not so bolder and out of date older types?

Peter R-B
Lancashire;)

Sir Niall Dementia
14th Feb 2013, 19:51
Peter;

One of the really wierd things is that a lot of companies use different tests!

Maybe they should give an identical test to the people in the companies who choose the tests.

SND

DauphinDude
14th Feb 2013, 19:58
In Norway one of the offshore operator use a shrink called Wingestad. He does some of the tests and interviews in the Norwegian Air Force as well, and from what I am told, are alike in many ways.

Peter-RB
14th Feb 2013, 20:14
Good evening Sir Niall.

So I suppose a dead straight thinking say it as you see it Northener, who has a two second fuse, and dose not suffer fools at all, would fail? :oh:

Peter R-B
Lancashire

Sir Niall Dementia
14th Feb 2013, 20:24
Peter;

I don't think so, unless he has dodgy fantasies about his mum and whippet.

SND

Peter-RB
15th Feb 2013, 14:28
Sir Niall,

When ah git owt Pigeon loft, ah normally sorts owt the Whippets, but allways need mi flat at, otherwise they darnt reckognze me, any ow ah told owd girl an she aint to appy to be compered wi whippet ! ;)

Peter R-B
on Pendle's Rump

Sir Niall Dementia
15th Feb 2013, 14:51
Peter;

I'm desperately thinking of something to say; but I can't.

Game to you:D

SND

SASless
15th Feb 2013, 15:17
Assess Personality.....crapsakes....go down the Pub....quaff a few foaming Ales....throw a Dart or two and Bob's yer Uncle!

Peter-RB
15th Feb 2013, 15:22
Sasless

I will be having a quaff or two,--- possibly three later this afty with the man from Whalley with the barn full of Yankee war kit, thats where I met you, when you arrived via the Huey,......... anyhow how do you my Uncle Bob!:)
PeterR-B
Lancashire