PDA

View Full Version : A good joystick for training...

formigal
11th Feb 2013, 18:38
Hello everybody.

I hope you can help me. I have the SkyTest software in order to train facing assessment centres, but some of the tests need a joystick. I have a Logitech force-feedback one, but it was bought in January 2003, and it has stood lots of hours on simulator.

I think the most important feature is that the joystick has an auto-center system, I mean, the stick not moving freely.

I have seen a lot of models on the Internet, but I can not choose one, as the offer is quite high and I do not know which one will be the best for this.

Can you help me??

Bearcat F8F
12th Feb 2013, 08:45
I don't know about all the assessment centers but for FTE, and I would imagine the rest of them, they use pretty low-end Logitech joysticks.

I wouldn't worry about the kind of joystick you have anyway. I have an old X52 which feels rather different to the Logitech ones they used at FTE but nonetheless I kicked butt in the joystick part of the aptitude testing. Hence, I wouldn't really bother getting a new one.

If you feel that you are a very "mechanical" pilot and it takes some time to adjust from one joystick feel to another, just get a cheap logitech stick with no force feedback or any yaw function.

Larscho
12th Feb 2013, 11:46
Joystick for flight stimulation?
Vibrators comes in all shapes and sizes these days!

giggitygiggity
12th Feb 2013, 18:45
CTC seems to use the Logitech Attack3 Joystick, almost everyone had one in NZ in their rooms. Very basic with a simple trim function. Self centring and good for use on the G1000 NAV trainer software on your home computer (very useful for initial IFR training between lessons if you're on a G1000 aircraft).

Attack (http://www.logitech.com/en-sg/product/attack-3-joystick?crid=719)