PDA

View Full Version : HUEN Entebbe info

Crabbing
11th Feb 2013, 09:27
Hi there,

I would appreciate any info on a good handler for HUEN.
We would need someone who knows the country for some info on some more remote airstrips.

Many thanks,
Crabbing

hawker750
11th Feb 2013, 12:42
HUEN
Never use a handler when I go there, always self handle. HUEN is really the only International airport. There are lots of little strips for cessnas etc. There is an aero club in Kampala that flies to all these strips. I suggest you google them, I am sure they will be able to help,.

500 above
11th Feb 2013, 13:04
We use Entebbe Handling services. Pretty efficient although you still need to go inside to ops and pay.

[email protected]

They were excellent last week.

Edit : No BP cards taken in Entebbe (or most of Africa now) UVAir accepted.

Springbok614
11th Feb 2013, 15:47
No handling required at HUEN. Fees, FPL and Met all together. Terminal small and easy flow through.

merlinxx
11th Feb 2013, 16:25
Don't forget to go to the Lake Vic Hotel and say Hello Africa with a large G&T on the lawn, a wet anointing is required:E:ok:

Crabbing
12th Feb 2013, 07:37
Thanks a lot guys, you have been very helpful.
Do you know of any stips accessible for a large Biz-jet, in the vicinity of the nature reserves?

Thanks again.
Crabbing.

hawker750
12th Feb 2013, 09:38
There are lots of strips near the reserves for your large biz jet to land at. Only problem is that it would be the last one the plane (and probably you) ever do.
Go to HUEN and get the flying club to pick you up in a Cessna (they have a charter ticket). Suggest you go to Paraa Lodge Murchison Falls. (just google the images and I guarantee you will go there). Magical place; saw more game including a Lion kill in 2 hours than 7 days in Kruger. Uganda is a great country and the Ugandans lovely people. Go to Paraa, you will not be disappointed and they need your dollars a lot more than the South Africans.
Somebody mentioned the Lake Vic Hotel near Entebbe airport. Spend a night there before going up country, splendid faded elegance with the emphasis on faded. Yes, the G&T on the lawn watching the sun go down....lovely but he forgot to say that the gin is made from banana leaves!

avionimc
12th Feb 2013, 10:20
Check Acacia Safaris (http://www.acaciasafari.co.ug/uganda.html) in Kampala, ask for Constantino (Italian fellow, GM).

500 above
12th Feb 2013, 10:40
Somebody mentioned the Lake Vic Hotel near Entebbe airport. Spend a night there before going up country, splendid faded elegance with the emphasis on faded

Just avoid the Red Rooster nightclub facing rooms! A tad noisy...

dcten
12th Feb 2013, 11:13
Does anyone know Cpt. Sam Small ?

He lives in Juba as far as i know .

merlinxx
12th Feb 2013, 11:41
Waragi is "brainhurtz" :E:ok::{

petesevenseven
12th Feb 2013, 12:33
Hey dcten,

Sam Small passed away sometime last year...:*
See the "where are they now" thread...

Pete77

Crabbing
13th Feb 2013, 08:25
Cheers guys, you helped a lot.

Cecco
15th Feb 2013, 07:53
We also use ENHAS as handling agent at HUEN. You pay them in their office and also have to pay a visit to the CAAs office next door to pay for landing- and parking fees.

Cecco