PDA

View Full Version : Sunwing flight waits 17 hours for takeoff at YYZ

rotornut
10th Feb 2013, 14:12
Vacation flight sits on tarmac at Pearson airport all day | Toronto Star (http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/02/09/vacation_flight_sits_on_tarmac_at_pearson_airport_all_day.ht ml)

Left Coaster
11th Feb 2013, 03:07
Jeez...way to go CYYZ...but that's only part of the story...crews under the gun from the Sunwing management team, looooong planned duty days, minimum rest, poor scheduling, and don't even get me started about the use of foreign crews (pilots) and there are lots of them...and there are qualified Canadian pilots currently out of work who can't get a shot. It's a ****ty place to work, and no doubt poorly equipped to handle the delays...Did you see that the company has a "No Cancellation policy??? Doesn't make for easy planning in IROPS does it?

rotornut
11th Feb 2013, 10:57
More bad news from YYZ:
Police called in after Park’N Fly delays anger Pearson travelers | Toronto Star (http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/02/10/park_n_fly_delays_anger_returning_travellers_at_pearson.html )

Dannyboy39
11th Feb 2013, 13:34
don't even get me started about the use of foreign crews (pilots) and there are lots of them...and there are qualified Canadian pilots currently out of work who can't get a shot

Eh? Surely the most qualified person should get the job?

Left Coaster
11th Feb 2013, 13:58
Can you clarify your comment? Exactly what do you deem as qualified?

Dannyboy39
11th Feb 2013, 16:29
There should be no bias towards locals over any other person. Surely not giving every a fair chance is discriminatory, no?

Left Coaster
12th Feb 2013, 02:39
Oh Danny Boy...
There certainly should be a bias for the Canadians...out of work and well qualified, but the company and the Govt of Canada allows pilots from another country to take their work? Not on I say... if there is a claim of discrimination to be made, it's against the Canadian pilots who are being ignored in their attempt to be recognized as qualified pilots by the very people elected to legally protect Canadian jobs!