PDA

View Full Version : mson/TUI 757 BC

Hartington
9th Feb 2013, 22:27
G-OABC? (BC on the nose) was at Easter Island at midday local Friday 8th February. Seems to be doing a round the world air cruise charter. Anyone know where else it has been/is going and how the interior has been modified for this trip?

eightyknots
9th Feb 2013, 22:54
Here you go.

About Our Private Jets and Private Jet Travel (http://www.tcsandstarquestexpeditions.com/aboutourjets.php)

Hartington
9th Feb 2013, 23:40
Thank you. So, I suspect it's this trip Around the World Tours and World Expeditions (http://www.tcsandstarquestexpeditions.com/expedition2.php)

Is BC permanently attached to these people? They seem to do quite a few trips and I can't see it being economic to keep reconfiguring it.

crewmeal
10th Feb 2013, 06:34
I wonder how these flights are crewed? Would one specially chosen crew do the whole trip or are crews positioned around the world?

Mr @ Spotty M
10th Feb 2013, 06:40
When MON operate the round the world trips the same crew does the whole trip, it would be the same for TOM, or the costs would go through the roof.

oldbalboy
10th Feb 2013, 08:49
2 a/c fly the round the world VIP trips all winter, both a/c reconfigured to 88 business class seats, crews do whole trip which can be up to 29 days, crews have to apply to do trips and go through special training prior to departure, a/c has on board chef, Dr, engineers, tour leaders, special guest & speakers etc some trips are round the world, some are more continent specific, some are supported or on behalf of specific organisations ie Four Seasons, Nat geographic etc. some depart from Sanford or Washington or Luton in UK, very pricey a lot of guests arrive at departure airport in exec jets so these people are wealthy.

Double Hydco
10th Feb 2013, 09:39
I saw a First Choice 757 in Rarotonga, Cook Islands a few years back, and a Monarch one in Sydney on the same trip. Both apparently doing VIP RTW flights.

TCX69
10th Feb 2013, 10:55
G-AOBC?

It`s G-OOBC

DADDY-OH!
11th Feb 2013, 23:22
I did one in 2002 & we passed through Easter Island. We came in from Baltra in the Galápagos Islands & after a couple of days left for Apia in Western Samoa then after a night in Apia left for Cairns. It was around the world in 35 days. It changed my life.

DADDY-OH!
12th Feb 2013, 10:12
And it was on G-OOOX.

787fca
13th Feb 2013, 12:37
These trips are crewed by VIP cabin crew who are specifically selected and trained for the trip. The pax on these trips pay approx $70000 per person. There are normally in the region of 12/13 diff trips per year on behalf of tcs and starquest expeditions which is part of the tui group. I think there are 2 VIP aircraft which is reconfigured to 78 business class seats, these trips run the full winter so in the summer they get put back to 233 seats. I operated one of here trips 3 years ago and was a trip of a lifetime :-)