PDA

View Full Version : What to do in this bad market?

Calicfi
9th Feb 2013, 01:27
Okay here's my story.

FAA CPL (SE, ME, IR), CFI, CFII, MEI
JAA CPL (SE, ME, IR), FI

1400TT
100twin

I'm right now making a living flight instructing in the US. Swedish citizen and no green card so I can't apply for regionals here. It feels like the only airline to apply for is Ryan Air.... What would you guys do? I feel done instructing.

pilotchute
9th Feb 2013, 03:13
You could try what the 250 hour guys try and go to Africa. The difference is you will get a job with those totals.

Calicfi
9th Feb 2013, 03:19
Airlines? Do you have any weblinks? I would definitely be able to relocate wherever.

SAS-A321
9th Feb 2013, 06:48
Susi Air in Indonesia maybe? What about Golden Air back in Sweden they were hiring some time ago? Check Flygtorget.se

Wesker
9th Feb 2013, 09:03
I agree on Susi if you want to try something else. It will be single engine but turboprop.

If not, and if you can stay in your current position I strongly advice you to do so. In todays market your experience will not get you far :(

No time on type - Not even a reply from HR

Time on type, connections inside the company, ready to relocate, ready to accept a short term contract etc... - Reply from HR

:ugh:

If you stay and have patient I think it can pay of in the long run. Just don't stop flying :ok:

Flying Mechanic
12th Feb 2013, 04:52
Yep what ever you do don't stop flying, keep your logbook ticking away, every hour is important.

wlaziu
12th Feb 2013, 20:52
Stay there, try to get permanent residence... find yerself a girlfriend there go to church and get married :E
Basically get a permanent residence.
Try Canada if it does not work for you in the US of A.