PDA

View Full Version : Part 91

mgTF
7th Feb 2013, 14:45
Hi,

I am new to FAA world, my understanding of part91 is that applies also to all private aircraft, registered in the us and operated outside of the us.

Now can this be done as simple as it looks, boss buy a citation - he pays me to fly it - end of the story? Or do you actually need to apply for a sort of Air Operator Certificate, whilst still being private operation?

What confuses me, is that RVSM MNPS and CAT2 requires an addition operator approval. Pretty obvious, but does this means that also normal operation requires approval? either yes or no, are this operator approval easy to get or are we talking of something like euops AOC?

thanks

mutt
7th Feb 2013, 15:31
You don't need operations specifications, however you do need Letters of Authorisations for a lot of things such as RVSM, MNPS, RNAV, MMEL, CATII/III, EVS etc etc.

You need to find out which FAA FSDO deals with aircraft based in your country.

While you are at it, take a look at SAFA requirements as they love N registered aircraft, and ICAO annexes 2 and 6, once you have that done, assess the complexity of your operation and search for a Safety Management System that corresponds to this complexity.

Finally, make sure that you have the European importation documentation available.

Is your boss actually paying you as a "one man do-it-all"?

Mutt

mgTF
7th Feb 2013, 17:13
the plane is based down to africa, maintenance is taken care by a camo.

I am already managing 6 aircrafts, this is the first N registered and I am just a bit confused by FAR regulations which are new to me.

CL300
7th Feb 2013, 18:27
Mutt, you are killing the business...:= :E :{:{:{:{

mutt
7th Feb 2013, 20:07
Which business? Way I see it, once mgTF realises that it just isn't as easy as it appears, he will then have to strongly suggest to his boss that they hire professionals to do the paperwork, so I have actually created business!

MgTF, hiding down in Africa won't work because A:) the FAA do ramp checks outside the USA and B:) your insurance will be invalid if you are found to be operating outside your LOA's.

Mutt

CL300
8th Feb 2013, 04:50
:-) .... From his standpoint, there is nothing much to hope is it ? He is already in both feet, to the waist, IMHO

mgTF
8th Feb 2013, 12:34
not quite sure what you understood from my business, but it is 10 years I do manage aircrafts. Is just the first time I do it for N reg instead of ease/jar.

Now I was doing my homework reading FAR regulations for my first time and got a couple of question which were pretty easy for those who operate N, but totally mystic for europeans. Thanks to a couple of good guys I found my answers.

I am not planning to do anything illegal, that's why I am going through the regulations well in advance the plane will be delivered.