PDA

View Full Version : ROKAF Version of Les Mis!

ex-fast-jets
7th Feb 2013, 13:45
The attached Youtube clip might bring a smile to your face.

Les Miserables ROK Air Force Parody /

Great sense of humour - and voices are not bad either!

modtinbasher
7th Feb 2013, 19:29
Tinbashette and I have just returned from watching this epic movie. Ok, this was a take off, but absolutely top notch. It must have taken them many, many hours off to do this.

The real film is fantastic by the way!!!

MightyGem
7th Feb 2013, 19:35
The real film is fantastic by the way!!!
Yes, it is, but...I just don't get all that singing.

Courtney Mil
8th Feb 2013, 08:29
Outstanding piece of work. A lot of thought and a lot of work went into that.

Mind you, they don't only sing. Looking at some of the other movies that get offered up on YouTube they make good steely films too. Like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8FAVbH4Q_A

MG
8th Feb 2013, 17:22
Great film; better parody!

Andu
8th Feb 2013, 19:52
Have any of you singing the praises of the film seen Les Miz on stage? I much preferred the live production. The songs were made to 'belted out' to the back row of the dress circle, not crooned 'up close and personal' to a mic. I agree, the film was very good, but didn't hold a candle to the live productions of Les Miz that I saw. Sasha Baron Cohen was particularly weak compared to the Innkeepers I saw on stage, while Rusty was... well... rusty.

Just my opinion.

MG
8th Feb 2013, 20:03
Andy, agreed. They always have a habit of casting actors and getting them to sing, rather than vice versa. It's much harder in that direction. My other half is an opera singer and she has her views on the film performances. She's much more complimentary about the standard of singing by the ROKAF.
Having said that, the film was still a great adaption.