PDA

View Full Version : RAF Greatcoat needs a home

Mmmmnice
7th Feb 2013, 12:42
I have an RAF greatcoat that needs a home. It's a Crombie cloth coat produced by R E City. There is no size marked on it, but fits me, so is about a 42" chest - length from top of collar to hem is 46", and arms are 25" from top seam to cuff (there is probably a bit of flex there depending on how they're turned up?) It came to me via a family member and I only wore it once in the depths of a N German winter - it has the full 'Red Square' feel about it and is v warm. If you would like phots pse PM me. Currently has F/L rank on it. Postage would probably be pricey, so a pick up is more realistic - I'm near Odiham

Apologies to anyone who thinks this should be on Ebay - I'd prefer that it goes to a proper military home!!

Pontius Navigator
7th Feb 2013, 12:50
eBay. I see what you said, but my mess jacket went to a museum down near Manston.

On postage, look at a courier service. You can search Google; I use MyHermes. They are considerably cheaper than the Post Office.

chinook240
7th Feb 2013, 13:11
Can't you wear it to work, would go well with the leather flying jacket brigade!

Mmmmnice
7th Feb 2013, 16:26
ha ha - you funny man..........

Evalu8ter
7th Feb 2013, 16:35
Now now 240 and MMnnice - play nicely! It's nice to have the choice of greatcoat or leather jacket to wear to work!!

Tinribs
7th Feb 2013, 19:21
We used to get our greatcoats cut down to British Warms when they were past their best. The mod was not entirely a success but good enough

Maybe the military look will come back enough for the item to be stylish again

pasir
8th Feb 2013, 11:15
Back in the days of Exchage and Mart you could send off to a laundry
address in the Norfolk area for almost any iem of uniform clothing ex USAF - The ordinary US blue greatcoat resembled the British Warm - Well tailored smart and low priced. With civvy buttons - ideal.

Whenurhappy
8th Feb 2013, 11:50
UK & BFPO Postage is between GBP 8-10, for what it's worth. I wore mine this morning, with my No 1s, through the snow, to deliver a lecture at a German Army School. Just needed the jackboots...

Leo Sayer
10th Feb 2013, 18:42
mmmmnice

Check your pm's

Regards

Milo Minderbinder
10th Feb 2013, 21:05
what happens to an RAF greatcoat in the hands of a druggy hippy.....

http://www.downthetubes.net/fiction/strips/greatcoat/greatcoat_strip_archive/index.html