PDA

View Full Version : AW139 Type Rating conversion...FAA & Transport Canada

Helix...
5th Feb 2013, 18:27
I have a full type in the AW139 issued by Transport Canada and a SIC type issued by the FAA. I hold both the TC and FAA ATP's in helicopters. What would be required to get the AW139 added on my FAA ATP.

In the past, going tho other way, I had Transport Canada add my EC135 and EC145 Type Ratings on my Canadian license based on my FAA qualifications. Is it that easy to go from TC to FAA as well?

I am currently waiting to hear from the FAA FSDO but am wondering if anyone has any experience with this.

Many thanks,

Gusta139
7th Feb 2013, 04:09
I am in the process of doing this now....got my type at the factory course in Italy and the FAA said I need to make an appointment with local FSDO and bring in the evaluation form used for the check-ride and exam results.

tottigol
7th Feb 2013, 12:13
Gusta, was the factory course following an FAA syllabus with FAA paperwork?
If so it's automatic.

Gomer Pylot
7th Feb 2013, 13:28
In the US, only heavy aircraft, more than 12,500 lb max certificated gross weight, receive type ratings. You can't get one for anything else.

Gusta139
12th Feb 2013, 03:47
a 139 is above 12.5

Gusta139
12th Feb 2013, 03:50
I thought so at the time because everything was based off my FAA....but I guess at the end of the day the course is FAA approved but the paperwork in Italy did not match up. The FSDO in Florida I spoke to said it was a quick process (as quick as the FAA can do something).....just an appointment