PDA

View Full Version : RAF News NEM Article

ALM In Waiting
5th Feb 2013, 16:24
Browsing the new RAF News in the mess today I read a large article on the New Employment Model. It was a little light on details and referred to a Defence Internal Brief (I'm assuming the one that came out late last year with even vaguer content). Still, some interesting stuff about financial rewards based on skills and qualifications rather than purely on promotion. Also a fair bit about making the 2 pay spines for ORs 'fairer'....
The cynic in me says reducing high and increasing low band would achieve that and save money :(

Wensleydale
5th Feb 2013, 16:53
financial rewards based on skills and qualifications rather than purely on
promotion

A lower pay band for personnel undergoing training (like the reduction in starting pay for the police) and a scrapping of the "Green Shield" system for graduates. Looks like money saving at the lower end to me......

unclenelli
5th Feb 2013, 16:58
There is still a TG which provides a singular LOW pay band for the entirity of career, regardless of qualifications/rank/posting!!!

ALM In Waiting
6th Feb 2013, 05:44
I can't think which one? Supply? Pretty much everyone gets high band at Cpl and above now.

I guess it's not going to be linked to flying disciplines then e.g. More money for FI's or TIer 3 trained etc.

Jumping_Jack
6th Feb 2013, 08:27
It doe grip me slightly that the line that NEM is not a cost cutting exercise continues to be pedaled....OF COURSE IT IS!!!! I had hoped for a little less spin from Matt Wiles, shame. Things are about to get very expensive (comparatively) for the serviceman, expect a largish drop in 'take home' as the charges ramp up. :sad:

Jabba_TG12
6th Feb 2013, 17:16
RAF News, light on detail??

No! Say it aint so! :rolleyes: