PDA

View Full Version : North Korea video shows US city under attack

ORAC
5th Feb 2013, 15:19
North Korea video shows US city under attack (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/9849231/North-Korea-video-shows-US-city-under-attack.html)

North Korea, poised to conduct a nuclear test any day now, has posted a video on YouTube depicting a US city resembling New York engulfed in flames after an apparent missile attack.

qn95Md3IrRE

The footage was uploaded on Saturday by the North's official website, Uriminzokkiri, which distributes news and propaganda from the state media.

The video is shot as a dream sequence, with a young man seeing himself on board a North Korean space shuttle launched into orbit by the same type of rocket Pyongyang successfully tested in December. As the shuttle circles the globe - to the tune of "We Are the World" - the video zooms in on countries below, including a joyfully re-unified Korea.

In contrast, the focus then switches to a city - shrouded in the US flag - under apparent missile attack with its skyscrapers, including what appears to be the Empire State Building, either on fire or in ruins. "Somewhere in the United States, black clouds of smoke are billowing," runs the caption across the screen. "It seems that the nest of wickedness is ablaze with the fire started by itself," it added.

The video ends with the young man concluding that his dream will "surely come true. Despite all kinds of attempts by imperialists to isolate and crush us... never will anyone be able to stop the people marching toward a final victory," it said.

The North is expected to conduct its nuclear test as a defiant response to UN sanctions imposed after its December rocket launch.

Heathrow Harry
5th Feb 2013, 16:54
no difference from all those N Korean bad guys in "Goldfinger" TBH

Not_a_boffin
5th Feb 2013, 17:06
Is it just retaliation?

Team America: World Police (6/10) Movie CLIP - I'm So Ronery (2004) HD - YouTube

dagowly
5th Feb 2013, 17:24
Meanwhile... in the real world

West Coast
5th Feb 2013, 17:56
Hopefully it was Wasington DC.

San Diego has no, repeat no military targets dear big haired leader.

Lonewolf_50
5th Feb 2013, 20:14
New York is a sexier target. DC has really short buildings. It's a building code limitation that no building can be taller than, IIRC, the tip top of the Capitol Dome.

D-IFF_ident
5th Feb 2013, 20:27
The lyrics to their chosen music don't really fit the theme:

There comes a time when we heed a certain call

When the world must come together as one.
There are people dying and it's time to lend a hand
To life - the greatest gift of all.

We can't go on pretending day by day
That someone somewhere will soon make a change.
We are all a part of God's great big family

And the truth
You know
Love is all we need.

We are the world
We are the children

We are the ones who make a brighter day

So let's start giving.
There's a choice we're making
We're saving our own lives.
It's true
We'll make a better day
Just you and me.

Well
Send them your heart

So they'll know that someone cares

And their lives will be stronger and free.
As God has shown us by turning stone to bread

And so we all must lend a helping hand.
We are the world

We are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day
So lets start giving
There's a choice we're making
We're saving our own lives
It's true we make a brigther day
Just you and me...

Herod
5th Feb 2013, 20:45
Sick, sad people. Note though that they had to use a "decadent, Imperialist, western" soundtrack.

West Coast
5th Feb 2013, 23:34
Lonewolf

Iffin I had to choose between DC and NYC, it wouldn't be based on architecture for sure...

But that's another thread

sisemen
6th Feb 2013, 00:20
I really, really tried but I couldn't find the bit where it shows the starving millions of its own citizens.

Martin the Martian
6th Feb 2013, 13:28
Perhaps it's the 'region specific' trailer for the remake of Red Dawn, in which the USA is invaded by North Korea (honest, I'm not making it up).

Actually, the best comment I saw about the recent North Korean missile test was that its success may have surprised everyone, but not as much as it surprised the North Koreans themselves.

Straight Dave
7th Feb 2013, 03:19
I havent posted here before, I normally just have a browse, anyway! I saw this subject and though you lads my appreciate this!
Uriminzokkiri V Psy - YouTube

ORAC
14th Mar 2013, 17:33
Time: War Drums Along the 38th Parallel (http://nation.time.com/2013/03/12/war-drums-along-the-38th-parallel/)

From the Pentagon to Panmunjom, U.S. defense officials conceded on Monday they are perplexed, and pondering, what Pyongyang will do next. American and South Korean defense officials are used to strange words and deeds from North Korea, but over the past week the Hermit Kingdom’s actions have reached unprecedented levels.

On Monday, North Korea carried through with its threat to declare the 1953 armistice ending the Korean War null, just as the South Korean and U.S. forces began an annual military exercise. “The U.S. has reduced the armistice agreement,” North Korea’s state-run media reported, “to a dead paper.” (See more North Korean war rhetoric.)

As a diplomatic exclamation point, the North cut off a Red Cross hotline linking the two Koreas. U.S. officials suggest the North Korean delegation at the truce village of Panmunjom may soon withdraw................

Independent - Thursday March 14th: North Korea 'prepares to strike': Kim Jong-un supervises live artillery drill as inflammatory threats continue (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/north-korea-prepares-to-strike-kim-jongun-supervises-live-artillery-drill-as-inflammatory-threats-continue-8534723.html)

Agaricus bisporus
14th Mar 2013, 17:41
Let's hope we don't look back at all these outbursts in years to come and wonder why we didn't read the signs.
Is it just me that finds the current N Korean rhetoric and aggressive posturing somewhat chilling? Even China is getting uncomfortable - and I think that should tell us something.
If ever we need to remind ourselves why Iran must never get N weapons we should just take a look at Korea.

Courtney Mil
14th Mar 2013, 18:39
Is it just me that finds the current N Korean rhetoric and aggressive posturing somewhat chilling?

No, it's not just you, Mate. The lunatics are certainly running the asylum there. I doubt the situation is likely to improve in the near future and I expect the US might consider keeping some of those new boots on the ground.