PDA

View Full Version : New Helicopter company

fight of fantasy
5th Feb 2013, 14:43
New helicopter company!
I have always had an interest in helicopters and now i have been left some money i am going to start small helicopter company in France. working in the alps. most of the people in the pub think its a good idea, one chap has just got his cpl on an R 22 so he is going to be chief pilot. we hope to do mountain rescue, lifting, and touring trips. as we don't have much money i am buying a hiller 12 it seen’s ok nice paint on it and its starts ok, guy selling it says it will lift anything we might come across. my mate Bill says we might need a twin! i do have a half brother so that will have to do. as for fuel when we are out on in the sticks i can fill my car with some old army jerry cans i have in the shed.. and we can strap on a 45 cal drun on the side of the helicopter. may have to take it off when we get up over 10.000 ft. helicopter sales chap says a hiller only needs a bit of a grease up now and then, so been to Halfords nice new grease gun and set of spanners so maintenance all sorted too. maps seem very expensive so i am getting a nav app for my iphone and to save money when we leave for the alps i will follow in the car to refuel alone the way. not sure the old jag will keep up with the hiller but he will have to wait in a field somewhere till i catch up ! we hope to leave in a few days so if anyone wants to hear how we get on i will update soon.

Thomas coupling
5th Feb 2013, 19:06
R44hopeful - what you doing back again? :ugh:

griffothefog
5th Feb 2013, 19:11
Sign me up for some of that stuff he's smoking... :ok:

Grenville Fortescue
5th Feb 2013, 19:15
R44hopeful oops, I mean Foff, sorry I mean FOF - Have you considered commissioning a feasibility study and business plan?

if anyone wants to hear how we get on i will update soon.

Please do - for the love of God. I want to hear about your Hiller doing rescue flights in the Alps with your newly qualified R22 captain.

Thomas coupling
5th Feb 2013, 19:29
Somebody go get topendtorque. He'll have the same advice for this 'guy' (Only joking topend - I know you meant well - shame it was wasted on that guy, sorry this guy, sorry whoever!).

Ainippe
5th Feb 2013, 19:55
sounds like one of those fantasies that run round and round in Homer Simpsons head !!!:cool:

500e
5th Feb 2013, 21:06
griffothefog
Think it's more mainline than that, but like the style

ShyTorque
5th Feb 2013, 21:47
Must be a sign of the approaching Spring - the fish are rising.... :D

Ascend Charlie
5th Feb 2013, 22:20
Can't anybody see the tongue planted firmly in FOFs cheek?

It wasn't even a bait tossed out there to catch the early risers, just a bit of fun.

Personally, I reckon he should use a Brantly.

nomorehelosforme
5th Feb 2013, 23:08
Please bar this rubbish,why let this thread continue?

airpolice
5th Feb 2013, 23:43
I think there might be some money in this, apart from what the OP has inherited!

As Grenville said, what about a business plan?

You could do an O'Leary type scheme where you get people to pay for hour building and have then fly the aircraft for you.

Remember that as you go through France you need a spare set of bulbs, Halfords should have mentioned this to you.

Another handy hint is not to follow in the Jag, you should set off first as the Hillier will catch up with you.

John R81
6th Feb 2013, 08:18
The most important addition to the equipment list here is a Credit Card Reader, so that you can swipe the card of fallen climbers before taking them onboard. Otherwise you risk them not being able to pay to be rescued after the event. You could, in those circumstances, consider putting them back on the mountain, but to save fuel that would have to fit in with the next out-bound empty flight.

Can't fail as a business proposition :O

Wizzard
6th Feb 2013, 12:56
Please bar this rubbish,why let this thread continue?

Oo, get her!

Nigd3
6th Feb 2013, 13:57
Gave me a chuckle anyway. Just needs a few sprinklings of "innit" and "whateva" in the post though.

The fish are nibbling pretty quicly this year.

airpolice
6th Feb 2013, 14:04
Now that I am fully awake, I've taken the time to read and digest the original post, and I'm shocked to find that this is a fraud!

He talks about a new helicopter company but is clearly buying a used Hillier, NOT a new helicopter at all!

RPM AWARE
6th Feb 2013, 16:01
"buying a used Hillier" :cool:

topendtorque
6th Feb 2013, 20:47
yes poor bugger, a hillier? they wont pull anything other than a spot of terra-firma, what is required is a chick puller - a horny '47 such as was depicted here-a bouts not long back (VH-RCC) They usually come with a driver who knows how to operate a grease gun and tool box.

And the Jag, please spare me - one day away from the garage is where you will stay. He needs a decent V8 Toyota motor car tray back. Get along at 150 clicks or so, room for a few drums of go juice, swags and decent esky -for refreshment for the chicks.

But this duds is such a dude he might like to look into some worn out land-rovers and a whole heap of small trailers that the Australian defence force is cashing in. Yep they've finally woken up, there's a couple thousand of them, he'll need three or four for each helicopter as they are sooo slow and do break down like jags.

alpineflyers
7th Feb 2013, 14:01
And for your French AOC I can supply you the manuals at a very good price! (Hope this is not classified as advertisement)